Customisation of Verity Indexing for CFMX6.1

1 view
Message has been deleted

Poietes

Jul 9, 2006, 7:08:48 PM7/9/06
Hi all,

I'm attempting to set up a Verity Collection with several custom fields
using Verity's style-file filtering system. Specifically, I'm indexing
a directory full of XML files, and attempting to convert the zones of
those XML documents into custom fields.

The Didump utility reveals that all the zones are being identified
fine, and the browse utility reveals that fields are being created -
but they are not being populated with zone data.

Here's the files that I am trying to use:

style.xml
==================
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<field xmltag="pricehigh" fieldname="PRICEHIGH" />
<field xmltag="pricelow" fieldname="PRICELOW" />
<field xmltag="region" fieldname="REGION" />
<field xmltag="node" fieldname="NODE" />

style.ufl
==================
data-table: dd1
{
varwidth: CF_KEY ddv
varwidth: CF_TITLE ddv
varwidth: CF_URL ddv
varwidth: CF_CUSTOM1 ddv
varwidth: CF_CUSTOM2 ddv

}

data-table: dd2 {
indirect: REGION REGION_LIST
/indexed = yes

}

data-table: dd3
{
varwidth: REGION_LIST ddv
/indexed = yes

}

data-table: dd4 {
indirect: NODE NODE_LIST
/indexed = yes

}

data-table: dd5
{
varwidth: NODE_LIST ddv
/indexed = yes

}

data-table: dd6
{
fixwidth: PRICEHIGH 2 unsigned-integer
}

data-table: dd7
{
fixwidth: PRICELOW 2 unsigned-integer

}

sample XML file
====================
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<xml>
<title>Timbuktu Restaurants</title>
<region>Victoria</region>
<node>Timbuktu</node>
<pricehigh>80</pricehigh>
<pricelow>40</pricelow>
</xml>

I need to use custom fields because when I come to search, I want to
use relational operators, which can only be used with fields, and not
zones.

How can I make verity pick up the zones above and populate fields with
them?

P.S. Related problem: I'm using XML files at the moment, but I would
prefer to be populating the collection using a query, with a
savecontent variable containing an XML packet in the body attribute.
However this causes the following error:

XML parser callback() - xml processing instruction not at start of
external entity at line 2, pos 5

Would be great if I could get all this to work. Can anyone out there
help?