Coldfusion 9.0.2 - CFHTTP use TLS1.2

Joe L

Oct 26, 2017, 3:17:33 PM10/26/17
Greetings,

We have a Windows 2008 Server R2 running Coldfusion 9.0.2 (Enterprise multi server) using JDK1.7.0_80. We have a process that makes a CFHTTP call to a payment processor's authorization service. The payment processor's web service uses a cert which uses TLS1.0. They are moving to a TLS1.2 cert. They have a test URL set up and what we have found is when we make the cfhttp call to the TLS1.2 domain we get connection timed out.

My question is how can I get this to work with TLS1.2 cert? I have read some articles which say Java 7 (jdk1.7.0_80) does support TLS1.2 but it is not enabled. They suggest enabling TLS1.2 by adding TLS1.2 support to the coldfusion config file. In an attempt to enable TLS1.2, I added

-Dhttps.protocols=TLSv1.2,TLSv1.1

to java.args in the CF config file and restarted the Windows service for this CF instance. I get the same timeout message.

Any help getting this to work is appreciated. Upgrading CF9.0.2 to anything higher is not an option at this time. Nor is upgrading to Java 8 as that version is not supported by CF9.0.2.

Regards,
Joe