George Hoban

Jim & Margaret Dowd

Nov 14, 2008, 10:40:08 AM11/14/08
to mackinac...@googlegroups.com
I am looking for any information , birth, death or marriage for George Hoban who was born in Holmes MacKinac, Michigan about 1869 (1880 U.S. census of Holmes, MacKinac, Michigan), son of John Hoban and his wife Catherine (O'Malley I think) who married Minnie Elizabeth Welden, daughter of Thomas William Frederick Welden of Quebec, Canada and his wife Lavina Prophet also of Quebec, Canada.  They had a daughter Frances who was born about 1912 or 1913.  I think she is the daughter of George and Minnie but according the the 1930 census, which may be incorrect, George states that he was 23 when he first married which would have been 1896 and his wife Minnie who is 41 was 39 when she first married, which would mean that George and Minnie were married in 1928 and Frances would be a daughter of a previous marriage.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Margaret Dowd

British Columbia, Canada