Welcome!

MacHTTP-js

Oct 19, 2016, 4:32:53 PM10/19/16
to MacHTTP-js

Nothing Lost

Jun 14, 2017, 6:51:24 PM6/14/17
to MacHTTP-js
Hello....

 I am running  a  Color Classic and soon I will have two Color Classic machines.  I was thinking about running a Color Classic web server.  I am running 7.6.1 on my CC II.  My second Color Classic is getting ready for a LC 575 board so I can run a 68040 processor.  But I think the CC II would be OK.

I am not sure how to set my server software up.  I have dynamic IP addressing now.  Do I need to buy a static IP address from my ISP?  Do I need to buy a domain name?

I thought I saw some windows software someplace that let someone run a server with dynamic IP addressing....

Can someone point me to any read me files or help files?

Thanks

mraroid

C Shotton

Jun 15, 2017, 7:03:02 AM6/15/17
to MacHTTP-js
You can usually get by with a dynamic address if you have a router or software agent on your computer that can update a "dynamic DNS service" like http://dyndns.org

There are Mac clients for it, but I doubt they currently have versions that support System 7, so you'd have to hunt around on the Internet to find a suitable version. These days, most router (home/office versions) have built-in support for the major dynamic DNS providers.

Nothing Lost

Jun 15, 2017, 6:20:30 PM6/15/17
to MacHTTP-js
Thanks so much fort that information.  I will check it out.....

jack