Running 3D Printer using Machinekit + CRAMPS + BBB

Pranav Pandey

Aug 29, 2017, 2:08:30 AM8/29/17
to Machinekit
Hi Folks,

This is my first post on this group. I am working on integrating 3d printing and CNC Milling in a single machine. I have worked with Arduino Mega before and have run the machine on the Marlin firmware.

However I am interested in using the Machine kit platform to run my 3d printer. My background is Electrical and hence have only basic knowledge about coding. I would like to know if someone has successfully 3D Printed using the above setup. If yes, Can you please share some links or procedure for the same?

Thanks
Pranav

Bas de Bruijn

Aug 29, 2017, 2:42:43 AM8/29/17
to Pranav Pandey, Machinekit
Hi Pranav,
There are ample examples of people using Machinekit for 3D printing. So you're covered.
Here's something to start with.

There are also a few configurations from which you can start.

Shout out if you need help.

Bas

Thanks
Pranav

--
website: http://www.machinekit.io blog: http://blog.machinekit.io github: https://github.com/machinekit
---

Pranav Pandey

Aug 29, 2017, 11:13:44 AM8/29/17
to Machinekit
I am using CRAMPS configuration on machine kit running on BBB. For slicing I am using the Slic3r 1.2.9 release. On importing g-code from Slic3r into the Axis UI I am getting errors like "Unknown M Code Mxx, Mxx.."

Is there a possible solution for it?

Thanks
Pranav

Daren Schwenke

Aug 29, 2017, 4:09:29 PM8/29/17
to Machinekit
If you want to simplify your life, and don't mind a remote interface, I would go a little different route.
Axis still sucks on the BBB due to software rendering sucking up most of the CPU.  The solution to that is use a remote interface.  The one for 3D printing is 'Machineface'.
That and the trajectory planner doesn't work as well with > 3 axis.  The solution to that is 'velocity extrusion'.  There is no E then, so 3 axis will do it.

Start here:
http://machinekoder.com/machinekit-and-cura/ for integrating cura.  It's a plugin to directly produce the ngc files from cura which velocity extrusion uses.
The reason you are getting the errors is differences in what the slicers output compared to real gcode.  They break some rules from real gcode, and add some things.

Here is a config made for Machineface and velocity extrusion.
This has been integrated into machinekit though, so you'll find it in configs, and it's built for CRAMPS too I believe.

git clone Machineface into your home dir
git clone that config your home dir also.

Edit /etc/linuxcnc/machinekit.ini and set REMOTE=1
Download machinekit client somewhere.
cd into the config dir.
./run.py to test for errors.  If you get to 'interpreter', control C out of it.
then mklauncher . with start it up so machinekit-client can connect to it.

Pranav Pandey

Aug 30, 2017, 10:24:20 AM8/30/17
to Machinekit
If you want to simplify your life, and don't mind a remote interface, I would go a little different route.
Axis still sucks on the BBB due to software rendering sucking up most of the CPU.  The solution to that is use a remote interface.  The one for 3D printing is 'Machineface'.
That and the trajectory planner doesn't work as well with > 3 axis.  The solution to that is 'velocity extrusion'.  There is no E then, so 3 axis will do it.

Thanks for this !

Start here:
http://machinekoder.com/machinekit-and-cura/ for integrating cura.  It's a plugin to directly produce the ngc files from cura which velocity extrusion uses.
The reason you are getting the errors is differences in what the slicers output compared to real gcode.  They break some rules from real gcode, and add some things.

I tried integrating Cura plugin but am still encountering M code errors. :(

Here is a config made for Machineface and velocity extrusion.
This has been integrated into machinekit though, so you'll find it in configs, and it's built for CRAMPS too I believe.

The one integrated into machinekit is not working. The CRAMPS config is fine but this one and few others are not working. A long list of error file pops up.

Bas de Bruijn

Aug 30, 2017, 10:34:40 AM8/30/17
to Pranav Pandey, Machinekit
Hi Pranev,

We can't guess what these errors are. Have a read at this:

Then pastebin your errors and provide a link so we can see.
Message has been deleted

Pranav Pandey

Aug 30, 2017, 11:19:58 AM8/30/17
to Machinekit, pran...@gmail.com
We can't guess what these errors are. Have a read at this:

Thanks for this!

Then pastebin your errors and provide a link so we can see.

I am providing the details here:

1. I am using CRAMPS configuration on the Machinekit running on BBB.

2. On importing g-code [attached file] from Cura 2.7 into the Axis UI I am getting various M-Code errors at different lines. Initially I received an error on M420 Code [which is for some lights turn on]. I removed this g-code from the file after which I encountered error for these codes. [G76, M66, M67, M68 ] [Attached the Snapshot of the error]

What is the possible reason behind these?
Test3.gcode
Error_Snapshot[1].jpg

Bas de Bruijn

Aug 30, 2017, 11:31:26 AM8/30/17
to Machinekit, pran...@gmail.com

Your g-code file works with the extruder as 'E' axis, and Machinekit uses the 'A' after the X, Y and Z axes.
Change your slicing printer settings so that Gcode flavor is "Mach3/LinuxCNC"

Daren Schwenke

Aug 30, 2017, 2:12:02 PM8/30/17
to Machinekit
The Cura plugin also requires you to create a machine that uses it.
It's also made for velocity extrusion, so you would need to use a config that also uses velocity extrusion.  It's one or the other.
Then you will be outputting ngc files instead of gcode, and E/A will disappear.
E/A will be replaced by commands to 'start extruding' and 'stop extruding'.  How much to extrude will be dynamically calculated.

Pranav Pandey

Aug 31, 2017, 1:07:13 AM8/31/17
to Machinekit, pran...@gmail.com
Your g-code file works with the extruder as 'E' axis, and Machinekit uses the 'A' after the X, Y and Z axes.
Change your slicing printer settings so that Gcode flavor is "Mach3/LinuxCNC"

This worked. I successfully imported the g-code into Axis UI, but when I start executing the file an error pops up on the bottom saying " Unknown m code used: M190". I have read Machinekit supports this m code and it instructs the system to wait till the bed temperature reaches the target temperature.

I have attached the error snapshot here. I have used this plugin for Cura: https://github.com/machinekoder/uni-print-3d-cura

Error_2.jpg

Bas de Bruijn

Aug 31, 2017, 1:21:56 AM8/31/17

On 31 Aug 2017, at 07:07, Pranav Pandey <pran...@gmail.com> wrote:

Your g-code file works with the extruder as 'E' axis, and Machinekit uses the 'A' after the X, Y and Z axes.
Change your slicing printer settings so that Gcode flavor is "Mach3/LinuxCNC"

This worked. I successfully imported the g-code into Axis UI, but when I start executing the file an error pops up on the bottom saying " Unknown m code used: M190". I have read Machinekit supports this m code and it instructs the system to wait till the bed temperature reaches the target temperature.

Which configuration do you use? Please provide a link to the file in your own or the machinekit repo so we can see.

I have attached the error snapshot here. I have used this plugin for Cura: https://github.com/machinekoder/uni-print-3d-cura

--
website: http://www.machinekit.io blog: http://blog.machinekit.io github: https://github.com/machinekit
---
<Error_2.jpg>

Pranav Pandey

Aug 31, 2017, 2:04:57 AM8/31/17
to Machinekit, pran...@gmail.com
Which configuration do you use? Please provide a link to the file in your own or the machinekit repo so we can see.

CRAMPS Configuration.
Test9.gcode

Bas de Bruijn

Aug 31, 2017, 2:18:41 AM8/31/17

On 31 Aug 2017, at 08:04, Pranav Pandey <pran...@gmail.com> wrote:

Which configuration do you use? Please provide a link to the file in your own or the machinekit repo so we can see.

CRAMPS Configuration.

Link please (no attachment, I won't open it) to exact file, either on Machinekit repository or your own github fork

Pranav Pandey

Aug 31, 2017, 2:50:23 AM8/31/17
to Machinekit, pran...@gmail.com
Link please (no attachment, I won't open it) to exact file, either on Machinekit repository or your own github fork

Apologies. I am new to these. Here is a link:

Bas de Bruijn

Aug 31, 2017, 3:05:48 AM8/31/17
to Pranav Pandey, machi...@googlegroups.com

Pranav Pandey

Aug 31, 2017, 3:13:11 AM8/31/17
to Machinekit, pran...@gmail.com
I mean the link to the configuration you use. the .INI file you load

Ahh!. I misunderstood this to the g-code file I am uploading.

Here is the link to the configuration .ini file

Bas de Bruijn

Aug 31, 2017, 3:48:32 AM8/31/17
to Pranav Pandey, Machinekit
You're missing the remap section I pointed to in the previous post

Pranav Pandey

Aug 31, 2017, 4:31:45 AM8/31/17
to Machinekit, pran...@gmail.com
You're missing the remap section I pointed to in the previous post

I have copied the remap section in the existing CRAMPS .ini file. Please check the link here: https://github.com/pranav451/Test-file/blob/master/CRAMPS_config_new.ini

Is this correct? If Yes, then after I replaced the .ini file with this one in my machine's BBB based computer Linux CNC terminated with errors.

If No, what else do I need to change?

Bas de Bruijn

Aug 31, 2017, 5:05:04 AM8/31/17
to Pranav Pandey, Machinekit
Just try it out.

Copy the file to the BBB and choose that new config when you start Machinekit and test it out.

Pranav Pandey

Aug 31, 2017, 5:30:33 AM8/31/17
to Machinekit, pran...@gmail.com
Just try it out.

Copy the file to the BBB and choose that new config when you start Machinekit and test it out.

Tried out with new config file.

On starting with the config. I get a window saying "LinuxCNC terminated with an error.". And a list of file information.

Here is the Debug file information:

NGC file not found: ngc=g22 - 90:REMAP = G22 modalgroup=1 ngc=g22
A configuration error is preventing Machinekit from starting.
More information may be available when running from a terminal.
7953
PID TTY  STAT TIME COMMAND
Stopping realtime threads
Unloading hal components

Bas de Bruijn

Aug 31, 2017, 6:01:43 AM8/31/17
to Pranav Pandey, machi...@googlegroups.com
well, the first line states your problem. A file isn’t found. so you probably have a path problem.
please do read these informations carefully. because it will give you clues.

to get the location of the file (which should be available) on your system type
in the terminal: “sudo find / -name g22.ngc”

now before you start please do in the terminal “export DEBUG=5”

run machinekit

open your /var/log/linuxcnc.log file in an editor, or just “cat /var/log/linuxcnc.log”  and start to look if you can find an error in the last session by searching the text for g22.

Pranav Pandey

Aug 31, 2017, 7:28:46 AM8/31/17
to Machinekit, pran...@gmail.com
well, the first line states your problem. A file isn’t found. so you probably have a path problem.
please do read these informations carefully. because it will give you clues.

to get the location of the file (which should be available) on your system type
in the terminal: “sudo find / -name g22.ngc”

now before you start please do in the terminal “export DEBUG=5”

run machinekit

Done. The issue has been eliminated by using the following CRAMPS Config. https://github.com/machinekoder/MendelMax-CRAMPS/blob/master/CRAMPS.ini

But now on importing the g-code I get the following errors:

 user-defined M190: missing: P

I found this information on the linuxcnc page regarding this error:

Assume the code is defined as

REMAP=M400 modalgroup=10 argspec=Pq ngc=m400

and m400.ngc looks as follows:

o<m400> sub
(P is required since it's uppercase in the argspec)
(debug, P word=#<P>)
(the q argspec is optional since its lowercase in the argspec. Use as follows:)
o100 if [EXISTS[#<q>]]
    (debug, Q word set: #<q>)
o100 endif
o<m400> endsub
M2
  • executing M400 will fail with the message user-defined M400: missing: P

  • executing M400 P123 will display P word=123.000000

  • executing M400 P123 Q456 will display P word=123.000000 and Q word set: 456.000000

In my case I opened the M190.ngc file which looked like this

o<m190> sub
#502=0; hbp index
M68 E#502 Q#<P>
M66 P#502 L3 Q1000
o<m190> end sub

Also the REMAP code is defined as

REMAP=M190 modalgroup=10 argspec=P ngc=m190

What can be a possible reason for this error?

Bas de Bruijn

Aug 31, 2017, 7:36:42 AM8/31/17
On 31 Aug 2017, at 13:28, Pranav Pandey <pran...@gmail.com> wrote:

well, the first line states your problem. A file isn’t found. so you probably have a path problem.
please do read these informations carefully. because it will give you clues.

to get the location of the file (which should be available) on your system type
in the terminal: “sudo find / -name g22.ngc”

now before you start please do in the terminal “export DEBUG=5”

run machinekit

Done. The issue has been eliminated by using the following CRAMPS Config. https://github.com/machinekoder/MendelMax-CRAMPS/blob/master/CRAMPS.ini

But now on importing the g-code I get the following errors:

 user-defined M190: missing: P

It clearly states you are missing a ‘P’ argument
so take a look at your g-code where M190 is used and see if it has a P argument

Pranav Pandey

Aug 31, 2017, 8:11:02 AM8/31/17
to Machinekit, pran...@gmail.com
It clearly states you are missing a ‘P’ argument
so take a look at your g-code where M190 is used and see if it has a P argument

Yes, It was the first thing I did. I forgot to mention the g-code.

M190 S60

This is the one generated by Cura plugin with Mach3 flavor. I want to try running this without modifying this g-code.

Bas de Bruijn

Aug 31, 2017, 8:41:03 AM8/31/17
to Pranav Pandey, machi...@googlegroups.com
No you don’t want to do that.

You want to have the g-code file with correct output, and thus correct input for Machinekit. Did you correctly install machinekoder his cura plugin? That plugin (with cure 2.1.3) should take care of that.

Pranav Pandey

Aug 31, 2017, 9:01:58 AM8/31/17
to Bas de Bruijn, machi...@googlegroups.com

No, I didn't use the Cura 2.1.3. I am using the latest version 2.7. I will try with the 2.1.3 version once

Daren Schwenke

Aug 31, 2017, 11:22:09 AM8/31/17
to Machinekit, b...@basdebruijn.com
Up to 2.3.1 works with his walkthrough.

machinen

Sep 3, 2017, 1:35:21 PM9/3/17
to Machinekit
Hi,
I am in somewhat similar situation to yours and I have few questions for you:

Were you able to upgrade your installation? Because the ready-made image for BBB is quite old and when doing update/upgrade, the Machinekit package(s) is(are) being kept back and it is because dependency error. The same is when installing on new clean system flash (which are newer) by the how to in Machinekit docs.

Are you able to shutdown/poweroff/reboot your BBB with CRAMPS? I have the Element14 BBB rev. C with CRAMPS 2.2 and I cannot shut it down completely. The power on LED is still on and there are two LEDs on on CRAMPS and on the right side of RIJ45 connector (bank of four LEDs) there is one LED faintly blinking. Otherwise the BBB is turned off (I cannot SSH to it). I have to manually shut the power down. Are you experiencing the same?

And given the above, hoare you able to run the fabrikator Mini CRAMPS configuration out of the box? My system is screaming at me about missing fdm.config. Maybe it is because old machinekit (but as I said, currently the dependency is broken), the actual error is:
halcmd loadusr io started
Traceback (most recent call last):

File "fabrikator_mini.py", line 8, in <module>

from fdm.config import velocity_extrusion as ve
ImportError: No module named config
Shutting down and cleaning up Machinekit...

Thanks.

On Tuesday, August 29, 2017 at 8:08:30 AM UTC+2, Pranav Pandey wrote:
Hi Folks,

This is my first post on this group. I am working on integrating 3d printing and CNC Milling in a single machine. I have worked with Arduino Mega before and have run the machine on the Marlin firmware.

However I am interested in using the Machine kit platform to run my 3d printer. My background is Electrical and hence have only basic knowledge about coding. I would like to know if someone has successfully 3D Printed using the above setup. If yes, Can you please share some links or procedure for the same?

Thanks
Pranav

Daren Schwenke

Sep 3, 2017, 4:27:51 PM9/3/17
to Machinekit
I have run this in the past with no issues.
My current testing machine is targeting the BBGW though, so it's using rt-preempt (so wireless works) and the BeBoPr config instead (as CRAMPS shares pins with the wifi/bluetooth module)
So I can't directly assist you atm.

gary

Sep 3, 2017, 5:14:06 PM9/3/17
to Machinekit
you could try sudo apt-get dist-upgrade for held back packages...

machinen

Sep 3, 2017, 6:37:55 PM9/3/17
to Machinekit
The dist-aupgrade removes machinekit packages from system. There is this problem:
 machinekit
-xenomai : Depends: machinekit (= 0.1.1504202989-1mk.travis.luminizepatch1.git59e91621~1jessie) but 0.1.1486851828-1mk.travis.master.gitcbd2dfd3~1jessie is to be installed
: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

Problem is that as I don't speak Python, I don't know where the file (assembly?) fdm.config should be or better yet from which file it is attempting to load/import.

schoo...@btinternet.com

Sep 4, 2017, 4:02:12 AM9/4/17
to machi...@googlegroups.com
I don't speak parseltongue either, but this is nothing to do with python

This is the package list for Jessie armhf
http://deb.machinekit.io/debian/dists/wheezy/main/binary-armhf/Packages

As you will see the machinekit-xenomai and machinekit versions are both at 0.1.1504202989, so if your apt is trying to fetch 0.1.1486851828 it is working from an old package list, which means it has not been updated properly.

apt-get remove machinekit machinekit-xenomai
apt-get update
apt-get install machinekit-xenomai

should hopefully restore things.  ( If apt uninstalls other packages when you do the uninstall, make sure you install those again too)

As for where the fdm stuff is installed, /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/fdm
It has not changed for yonks, so updating packages achieves nothing.

schoo...@btinternet.com

Sep 4, 2017, 6:27:29 AM9/4/17
to machi...@googlegroups.com

On 04/09/17 09:02, schoo...@btinternet.com wrote:

On 03/09/17 23:37, 'machinen' via Machinekit wrote:
[...]

FYI, as I noted to someone else, but off forum, in case this is how it has come about.

"The situation described could normally only be encountered where the user has not updated apt-get, but tries to install a later version of a package directly, via dpkg.
This results in the dependencies being unable to be met, because the packages known about do not include it."

machinen

Sep 4, 2017, 8:38:24 AM9/4/17
to Machinekit
Somehow I didn't have the fdm folder on my system - probably from mucking around. However I did a new flash of clean bone-debian-8.7-machinekit-armhf-2017-02-12-4gb.img.xz image and sure there it is. Unfortunately when the first thing when I log into this new install I do is run machinekit and select the Fabrikator Mini CRAMPS configuration, then try the ./run.py script I still get the same error.

And the combination of sudo apt-get remove machinekit machinekit-xenomai/update/install machinekit-xenomai only removes machinekit packages from system and when installing it still falls on the same error. I will try purge next with new clean install.

schoo...@btinternet.com

Sep 4, 2017, 9:14:57 AM9/4/17
to machi...@googlegroups.com
Look at http://deb.machinekit.io/debian/pool/main/m/machinekit/

There is no package 0.1.1486851828-1mk.travis.master.gitcbd2dfd3~1jessie
that serial is ancient.

You need to check your /etc/apt/sources.list and the files in /etc/apt/sources.list.d and see where this is coming from

I don't know how you can be getting this error, if your one and only machinekit reference is deb.machinekit.io, as it should be.
The package list there only refers to 0.1.1504202989

Have to suspect that your image is old and also points to deb.dovetail-automata.com or similar, but that serial is not there either AFAICT

As far as FDM stuff goes I have no idea I'm afraid, don't use it, hopefully someone else can talk you through it once you get machinekit back running.

Bas de Bruijn

Sep 4, 2017, 9:31:46 AM9/4/17
to machinen, machi...@googlegroups.com

On 04 Sep 2017, at 14:38, 'machinen' via Machinekit <machi...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Somehow I didn't have the fdm folder on my system - probably from mucking around. However I did a new flash of clean bone-debian-8.7-machinekit-armhf-2017-02-12-4gb.img.xz image and sure there it is. Unfortunately when the first thing when I log into this new install I do is run machinekit and select the Fabrikator Mini CRAMPS configuration, then try the ./run.py script I still get the same error.

why do you run machinekit with that configuration as well as the run.py script?

Am I right in that you cloned this repository?

if so, then cd into that directory and run the run.py script from there. No need to start machinekit too.

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "fabrikator_mini.py", line 8, in <module>

from fdm.config import velocity_extrusion as ve
ImportError: No module named config

this error is saying it can’t find this the “config” folder like here https://github.com/machinekit/machinekit/tree/luminize-patch-1/lib/python/fdm/config.
in a terminal type “sudo find / -name velocity_extrusion.py” or “sudo find / -name base.py”
what does it say?

machinen

Sep 4, 2017, 10:48:34 AM9/4/17
to Machinekit
I actually looked at the repository and source list as first thing, but I didn't see anything odd. I am for this endeavour using the "latest" official machinekit image
bone-debian-8.7-machinekit-armhf-2017-02-12-4gb.img.xz from elinux.org/Beagleboard:BeagleBoneBlack_Debian which is from february so I am not surprised that it is old.

However in sources.list there is:

deb http://httpredir.debian.org/debian/ jessie main contrib non-free
#deb-src http://httpredir.debian.org/debian/ jessie main contrib non-free

deb http
://httpredir.debian.org/debian/ jessie-updates main contrib non-free
#deb-src http://httpredir.debian.org/debian/ jessie-updates main contrib non-free

deb http
://security.debian.org/ jessie/updates main contrib non-free
#deb-src http://security.debian.org/ jessie/updates main contrib non-free

#deb http://httpredir.debian.org/debian jessie-backports main contrib non-free
##deb-src http://httpredir.debian.org/debian jessie-backports main contrib non-free

deb
[arch=armhf] http://deb.machinekit.io/debian jessie main
#deb-src [arch=armhf] http://deb.machinekit.io/debian jessie main

#Kernel source (repos.rcn-ee.com) : https://github.com/RobertCNelson/linux-stable-rcn-ee
#
#git clone https://github.com/RobertCNelson/linux-stable-rcn-ee
#cd ./linux-stable-rcn-ee
#git checkout `uname -r` -b tmp
#
deb
[arch=armhf] http://repos.rcn-ee.com/debian/ jessie main
#deb-src [arch=armhf] http://repos.rcn-ee.com/debian/ jessie main

And the sources.list.d folder is empty. And I didn't change anything.

machinen

Sep 4, 2017, 10:56:42 AM9/4/17
to Machinekit, mach...@protonmail.com

why do you run machinekit with that configuration as well as the run.py script?

I probably expressed myself wrong. What I did mean is that I ran machinekit command, from the example configuration command selected Fabrikator Mini CRAMPS (so I used the config files which came with machinekit install in aforementioned BBB image), then cd to config directory and tried to run the run.py script to see if there are any errors.

Am I right in that you cloned this repository?

if so, then cd into that directory and run the run.py script from there. No need to start machinekit too.

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "fabrikator_mini.py", line 8, in <module>

from fdm.config import velocity_extrusion as ve
ImportError: No module named config

this error is saying it can’t find this the “config” folder like here https://github.com/machinekit/machinekit/tree/luminize-patch-1/lib/python/fdm/config.
in a terminal type “sudo find / -name velocity_extrusion.py” or “sudo find / -name base.py”
what does it say?

The first write back notning (shouldn't there at least be info that nothing was found?), the second

machinekit@beaglebone:/etc/apt$ sudo find / -name base.py
/usr/lib/python3.4/email/mime/base.py
/usr/lib/python2.7/email/mime/base.py
/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pylint/checkers/base.py
/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/cryptography/hazmat/primitives/ciphers/base.py
/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/blinker/base.py
/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/zmq/auth/base.py
/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pyasn1/type/base.py
/usr/share/pyshared/pyasn1/type/base.py
/usr/share/linuxcnc/examples/sample-configs/sim/qqvsim/config/base.py
/usr/share/dh-python/dhpython/build/base.py
/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pip/_vendor/html5lib/filters/base.py
/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pip/_vendor/html5lib/treewalkers/base.py
/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pip/_vendor/html5lib/treebuilders/base.py

But there is no config directory in fdm directory. I will try to add it from machinekit github.

schoo...@btinternet.com

Sep 4, 2017, 11:13:34 AM9/4/17
to machi...@googlegroups.com
OK I have found the problem.
You were unlucky, because it does not affect every flavour and OS

A problem whereby a PR submission got  pushed into the repo before merge, has screwed some of the packages files.
The package serials for machinekit-xenomai and machinekit don't match so dependencies can never be met

I cannot however find any reference to 0.1.1486851828-1mk.travis.master.gitcbd2dfd3~1jessie and have no idea where that came from.

I am going to have to rebuild the repo manually, removing the rogue packages back to the last proper merge.

Don't attempt any further update etc. until you hear back.

machinen

Sep 4, 2017, 11:38:36 AM9/4/17
to Machinekit
Oh, thanks.

I think that the 14-something serial is from the February image, trying on newer I have gotten something like:

Depends: machinekit (= 0.1.1504202989-1mk.travis.luminizepatch1.git59e91621~1jessie) but 0.1.1504208693-1mk.travis.pr1265.git00ce6961~1jessie is to be installed

schoo...@btinternet.com

Sep 4, 2017, 11:46:11 AM9/4/17
to machi...@googlegroups.com

On 04/09/17 16:38, 'machinen' via Machinekit wrote:
Oh, thanks.

I think that the 14-something serial is from the February image, trying on newer I have gotten something like:

Depends: machinekit (= 0.1.1504202989-1mk.travis.luminizepatch1.git59e91621~1jessie) but 0.1.1504208693-1mk.travis.pr1265.git00ce6961~1jessie is to be installed

Yes that is the error you should have had.
Neither of those packages should be in the repo.

There is a new build in progress to bring all the serials up to a new number, which should solve the issues.
Takes a couple of hours to fully complete however.

schoo...@btinternet.com

Sep 4, 2017, 12:57:27 PM9/4/17
to machi...@googlegroups.com

On 04/09/17 16:46, schoo...@btinternet.com wrote:

On 04/09/17 16:38, 'machinen' via Machinekit wrote:
Oh, thanks.

I think that the 14-something serial is from the February image, trying on newer I have gotten something like:

Depends: machinekit (= 0.1.1504202989-1mk.travis.luminizepatch1.git59e91621~1jessie) but 0.1.1504208693-1mk.travis.pr1265.git00ce6961~1jessie is to be installed

Yes that is the error you should have had.
Neither of those packages should be in the repo.

There is a new build in progress to bring all the serials up to a new number, which should solve the issues.
Takes a couple of hours to fully complete however.

The new packages are built.
The serial string you should now get is 0.1.1504538312-1mk.travis.master.gitde24b276

Note machinekit-xenomai for Jessie armhf now depends upon the correct serial version of machinekit
Package: machinekit-xenomai
Source: machinekit
Version: 0.1.1504538312-1mk.travis.master.gitde24b276~1jessie
Architecture: armhf
Maintainer: John Morris <jo...@dovetail-automata.com>
Installed-Size: 6529
Depends: machinekit (= 0.1.1504538312-1mk.travis.master.gitde24b276~1jessie), libavahi-client3 (>= 0.6.16), libavahi-common3 (>= 0.6.16), libc6 (>= 2.15), libczmq2 (>= 2.2.0), libgcc1 (>= 1:4.4.0), libprotobuf9, libstdc++6 (>= 4.3.0), libudev1 (>= 183), libuuid1 (>= 2.16), libxenomai1, libzmq3 (>= 3.2.3+dfsg), yapps2-runtime, xenomai-runtime
Enhances: machinekit
Breaks: machinekit-dev
Provides: machinekit-rt-threads
 Machinekit is the next-generation Enhanced Machine Controller which
 provides motion control for CNC machine tools and robotic
 applications (milling, cutting, routing, etc.).
 .
 This package provides components and drivers that run on a Xenomai
 realtime system, with userspace threads.

Hopefully your problems will be one fewer now  ;-)

Machine

Pranav Pandey

Sep 17, 2017, 5:15:41 AM9/17/17
to Machinekit
Didn't visit the forum since a while friend. I struggled a bit through the process but was helped by Daren Schwenke. This worked for me after an effort of one week.

1. Fresh Install of latest machinekit from the wiki link mentioned on machinekit website.
2. Shared Internet connection to my BBB from my PC [Linux]

After this I was still getting errors about 'fdm.config import velocity_extrusion as ve'. I did this next.

3. sudo apt-get update
4. sudo apt-get upgrade
5. sudo apt-get remove machinekit
6. sudo apt-get install machinekit-xenomai
7. sudo reboot
8. ./run.py [fabrikator-mini config directory]

It worked without errors. Atleast now I am able to import g-code without any error, but still there are minor issues for which I am searching help.