Image Machinekit for Raspberry Pi

Immi

Jan 15, 2015, 9:53:41 AM1/15/15
to machi...@googlegroups.com
Hey,
I don't have much programming skills and I want to control a milling machine with a raspberry pi.
Tried to install machinekit, but failed. Don't know if it was the configure of the kernel or the installation of machinekit. Has somebody an image for a raspberry pi with MachineKit installed and ready?

Thanks,
Immi

GP Orcullo

Jan 16, 2015, 7:00:31 AM1/16/15
to Immi, Machinekit List

Have a look here: 0ptr.link/files/

Immi

Jan 19, 2015, 6:08:47 AM1/19/15
to machi...@googlegroups.com, christop...@online.de

Hi,

Thanks for the fast answer. I tried out, what you posted. First it went well, but after I started "startx" and tried to start Maschinekit I could choose the configuration. I chose by machine cooltool unifraes_v_3 and then I got an error message. I attached the error file, maybe you know what went wrong.. I just wrote the rpi img on an sd card and then started the raspberry pi with it. I didn't do anything with the other two files. Maybe I skipped a step? Maybe you can help me and tell me what I did wrong?

Thanks,
Immi

Linux CNC reporting errors.docx

Alexander Rössler

Jan 19, 2015, 4:42:36 PM1/19/15
to machi...@googlegroups.com, Immi
Hi Immi,

Did you select the cooltool configuration for a certain purpose? The cooltool
configuration shipped with Machinekit depends on the parallel port, I am
pretty sure this will not work on the Raspberry Pi. If you have a Uni-fraes
machine you can get the Sandy-Box
(http://www.thecooltool.com/zubehoer/detail/sandybox/) and it will work out of
the box without any modifications.

Regards
Alexander

Immi

Jan 22, 2015, 7:36:00 AM1/22/15
to machi...@googlegroups.com, christop...@online.de
Hey,
I chose that configuration because I have a uni-fraes machine.. Didn't know that that configuration won't work on Raspberry Pi. But I couldn't start other configurations as well. Seems like something went wrong. Can you tell me which configuration should work on the raspberry pi? Then I can try to start that configuration.

Thanks,
Immi

GP Orcullo

Jan 22, 2015, 7:23:38 PM1/22/15