First draft of starter code released

Danny

Feb 27, 2012, 12:52:28 PM2/27/12
to Machine March Madness

Tim Jacobs

Mar 11, 2012, 3:10:23 PM3/11/12
to Machine March Madness
Hi Danny,

Will this data set be updated with this season?

Thanks
-Tim

On Feb 27, 10:52 am, Danny <dannytar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Post about it here:http://blog.smellthedata.com/2012/02/machine-march-madness-2012-start...

Danny

Mar 11, 2012, 3:13:16 PM3/11/12
to Machine March Madness
Hi Tim,

Yes. We will know the bracket matchups (except for the play-in games)
today, then our plan is to release that today or tomorrow, along with
the full data from this season.

-danny

Danny

Mar 11, 2012, 9:32:05 PM3/11/12
to Machine March Madness

Scott Turner

Mar 12, 2012, 3:18:46 PM3/12/12
to machine-ma...@googlegroups.com
Sorry if I missed this, but are we predicting the four play-in games as well?

-- Scott

Lee-Ming Zen

Mar 12, 2012, 3:27:14 PM3/12/12
to machine-ma...@googlegroups.com
Nope -- we are not -- just the 63 picks.

Tim Jacobs

Mar 12, 2012, 5:27:28 PM3/12/12
to machine-ma...@googlegroups.com
Hi Danny,
Perhaps I'm missing something, but is there player data for this season in here somewhere?

Thanks
-Tim

Lee-Ming Zen

Mar 12, 2012, 5:33:50 PM3/12/12
to machine-ma...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tim,

This has a link to the full data stored as a .zip file on Google Docs. The .zip file will include two files: one for the games and one for the player-level boxscore data. The post also has a link that explains the data format.

Good luck!

--Lee

Tim Jacobs

Mar 12, 2012, 5:45:52 PM3/12/12