2014

Eric Akers

Feb 27, 2014, 2:04:06 AM2/27/14
to machine-ma...@googlegroups.com
Hello. I looked at this competition last year when it was too late to join. I am interested in participating this year. Do you think you may have time to run the competition again?  I have been running some algorithms based on data that Dr. Pain provided last time.  I am hopeful that the competition will happen again and that Dr. Pain can provide that data set for the 2013-2014 season.

Eric

Scott Turner

Feb 27, 2014, 9:15:15 AM2/27/14
to machine-ma...@googlegroups.com
I'd love to see this competition happen again, but I also want to point out that Kaggle is running a March Madness competition as well:  https://www.kaggle.com/c/march-machine-learning-mania

Regardless of whether this competition happens, you should look into joining the Kaggle competition.  If you need some help dealing with the Kaggle data or entry format, let me know and I'll try to help out.

I'm not sure what data I provided last year but I can try to do the same this year.  I've started scraping the play-by-play data as well, so my raw data sets have ballooned, but I can probably filter that out.

-- Scott

Eric Akers

Feb 27, 2014, 12:20:33 PM2/27/14
to machine-ma...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for posting the Kaggle link, it looks like a fun competition as well.  Your last years set included each game with some aggregate stats for each team, home rebounds, home offensive rebounds, etc. If you post data, don't worry about formatting a specific way for benefit. I am an avid user of awk and can make due. I do greatly appreciate any data you post, however.

Eric