machg crashing

whiteatom

Nov 26, 2011, 10:32:07 PM11/26/11
to MacHg
Hi there.. I was loving MacHg, but i'm having major problems with is
crashing. It seems to run great, but about half the time when I'm
adding a repository when it's testing the connection, i'll get the
pinwheel of death and then crash...

When it restarts, all my repositories are gone from the list. It spits
out the Apple crash report... so here's the top of it. Is the rest of
it useful? they are always basically the same.. with the
EXC_BAD_ACCESS and the KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS which I have never seen on
this mac before.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

whiteatom

Process: MacHg [23938]
Identifier: com.jasonfharris.MachHg
Version: 0.9.25 (0.9.25)
Code Type: X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process: launchd [122]

Date/Time: 2011-11-26 23:54:11.962 -0330
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.7.2 (11C74)
Report Version: 9

Crashed Thread: 8 Dispatch queue: Garbage Collection Work Queue

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000000000000

VM Regions Near 0:
-->
__TEXT 0000000100000000-00000001000ce000 [ 824K]
r-x/rwx SM=COW /Applications/MacHg.app/Contents/MacOS/MacHg

Application Specific Information:
objc[23938]: garbage collection is ON
FEOpenGLContext

Jason Harris

Nov 27, 2011, 8:36:17 PM11/27/11
to machg_m...@googlegroups.com

On Nov 27, 2011, at 4:32 AM, whiteatom wrote:

> Hi there.. I was loving MacHg, but i'm having major problems with is
> crashing. It seems to run great, but about half the time when I'm
> adding a repository when it's testing the connection, i'll get the
> pinwheel of death and then crash...

I am not aware of this. One question is if you manually save the document. Ie through the save menu command and then relook for this document again after a crash all of the repositories should be there.

(You can easily have multiple MacHg documents.)

> When it restarts, all my repositories are gone from the list. It spits
> out the Apple crash report... so here's the top of it. Is the rest of
> it useful? they are always basically the same.. with the
> EXC_BAD_ACCESS and the KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS which I have never seen on
> this mac before.

Now the next question is do you have a repeatable example which crashes which is either public access or something you can give me access to?

Thanks,
Jas

whiteatom

Nov 28, 2011, 9:31:36 AM11/28/11
to MacHg
I wish I could be more specific - but it only happens when the trying
to Add a server repository as it's trying to connect to the server to
see if the connection is OK. It's not every time, and it's not 100%
reproducible. I will add I haven't seen it since saving a the macHG
document. The best bet for reproducing it is opening a new doc without
saving and add 4 or 5 remote repositories (all mine we http except one
https). It crashed twice before I was able to save the document and
get them all added. Since then, there have been no issues. Let me know
if there is more I can do to help.

Cheers,

whiteatom

whiteatom

Nov 29, 2011, 6:49:43 PM11/29/11
to MacHg
Now today.. it just plain old crashed for no reason. I clicked from
one repo to another and pinwheel of death, and then crash. Seems to be
this garbage collection work queue thread every time.

Any thoughts?

ALEC

Process: MacHg [28385]

Identifier: com.jasonfharris.MachHg
Version: 0.9.25 (0.9.25)
Code Type: X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process: launchd [122]

Date/Time: 2011-11-29 20:16:56.538 -0330

OS Version: Mac OS X 10.7.2 (11C74)
Report Version: 9

Interval Since Last Report: 452273 sec
Crashes Since Last Report: 3
Per-App Interval Since Last Report: 373734 sec
Per-App Crashes Since Last Report: 2
Anonymous UUID: 4DACF194-D11C-4381-8034-
C1E83FF1387A

Crashed Thread: 9 Dispatch queue: Garbage Collection Work Queue

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000000000000

VM Regions Near 0:
-->
__TEXT 0000000100000000-00000001000ce000 [ 824K]
r-x/rwx SM=COW /Applications/MacHg.app/Contents/MacOS/MacHg

Application Specific Information:
objc[28385]: garbage collection is ON
FEOpenGLContext

Jason Harris

Dec 1, 2011, 1:37:00 PM12/1/11
to machg_m...@googlegroups.com
Wow... I really don't know what is going on here. Others have not complained of this. I have a feeling it is some configuration to do with your machine. (Of course I believe that it's happening to you since I can see the trace you attached below.)

I just can't reproduce this though... Darn...

Can anyone else reproduce this?

Thanks,
Jas