I can't diff at all in macHg 0.9.23

Warren Postma

Jun 23, 2011, 10:36:03 PM6/23/11
to MacHg
Just installed Machg 0.9.23 today, and it won't do any diff
operations.

I created a new test repository, added two dummy .py source files,
comitted, tweaked them, comitted again.

I go to the History View, and to the Differences view, and I can see
that there are 3 changesets, and see which files changed in each
changeset.

I can not see any differences, either as a raw diff or as some kind of
rich-diff view (as you might see in Kdiff3 for example).

All I see is some flickering when it should have done something like
show me a diff.

On the Differences view, the top of the page appears to be functional,
but at the bottom of the UI where it says "Differences between base
revision and compare revision", I see the actual list of files, in the
first pane, that exist in the changeset, but I do not see anything
else in any of the other 4 panes.

My screen:http://i.imgur.com/t5JVI.png

Any ideas?

Warren

Jason Harris

Jun 24, 2011, 12:22:11 AM6/24/11
to machg_m...@googlegroups.com

On Jun 24, 2011, at 2:36 PM, Warren Postma wrote:

> Just installed Machg 0.9.23 today, and it won't do any diff
> operations.

Hmmm... Try a different diff tool like bbedit just to see that everything else is working. Then make sure FileMerge is installed and working from the command line...

> I created a new test repository, added two dummy .py source files,
> comitted, tweaked them, comitted again.
>
> I go to the History View, and to the Differences view, and I can see
> that there are 3 changesets, and see which files changed in each
> changeset.
>
> I can not see any differences, either as a raw diff or as some kind of
> rich-diff view (as you might see in Kdiff3 for example).

So this isn't working in kdiff3 either?

> All I see is some flickering when it should have done something like
> show me a diff.
>
> On the Differences view, the top of the page appears to be functional,
> but at the bottom of the UI where it says "Differences between base
> revision and compare revision", I see the actual list of files, in the
> first pane, that exist in the changeset, but I do not see anything
> else in any of the other 4 panes.
>
> My screen:http://i.imgur.com/t5JVI.png
>
> Any ideas?

Do this and then get back to us...

Thanks!
Jas

Michael_Martinez

Aug 20, 2011, 9:10:28 PM8/20/11
to MacHg
Recant, recant, recant!

I was the fool with the problem. I did NOT have a diff tool selected
in the preferences. I completely missed the selection box. My bad, I
was wrong.

Now, I'm way super happy. Great tool!!!

Thank you,

Mike

Michael_Martinez

Aug 20, 2011, 8:47:11 PM8/20/11
to MacHg
Same problem here... I have opendiff in Developer/usr/bin and
FileMerge is in Developer/Applications/Utilites

My screen just flickers when I click diff selected files...

Any more ideas?

Dan Parent

Aug 21, 2011, 3:03:48 PM8/21/11
to machg_m...@googlegroups.com
cd /usr/bin && sudo ln -s /Developer/usr/bin/opendiff

This will likely fix your problem short term. If you have moved to lion make sure you get the latest developer tools from the app store. I noticed opendiff shows up in /usr/bin after I installed the latest version.

Hope that helps!
Dan

--
Sent from my phone