[ANN] MacHg 1.0.0 Beta

Jason Harris

Mar 4, 2012, 11:16:46 AM3/4/12
to machg_m...@googlegroups.com
I am extremely happy to announce that much work has happened on MacHg in the
last 4 months. In fact after the 25 previously shipped versions of MacHg I have
released, I am just about ready to launch a very complete version 1.0. (This
corresponds to the original complete feature set I considered to be a mature and
very complete client.)

There have been many, many changes in these last months. However, the major
changes can be grouped into the following categories:

- Major work on the sidebar (MacHg now supports repository grouping for sub repositories
and sub repository support, multiple selection dragging, deleting, badge counts,
moving, and copying to other documents.)
- File outline views, and flat file table outline views, in addition to the browser view.
(This was a much requested feature.)
- In product, sub-line, side-by-side and unified differences. (Another highly requested
feature.)
- Hunk level commit selection when committing or amending a commit. (Another frequently
requested feature.)
- Revamping the menu layout, adding better support tags, bookmarks and branches, etc.
- Added a new AlterDetails sheet to allow easily changing commit messages / commit authors
/ commit times.
- Refactored the GUI to more uniformly use my own concertina views.
- Removed dependence on BWToolkit for compatibility with newer versions of XCode.
- Many, many bug fixes, additions and improvements.

If you use MacHg could you download this version and give me feedback on it. I
am looking for show-stoppers and new things that crop up as a result of these
changes. I should be releasing MacHg 1.0 in maybe a week's time... During this
next weekend I will be adding the documentation for the new features and
recording screen casts on new functionality, etc.

You can download the beta version of MacHg here:
http://www.jasonfharris.com/machg/downloads/assets/MacHg1.0.0Beta.zip

Thanks,
Jason