MacHg and Xcode Updating

Andrew

Sep 22, 2011, 4:54:10 PM9/22/11
to MacHg
I just started using Mercurial for my source control for iPhone
projects and I really like MacHg, but have a general question. I did
some googling, but couldn't find anything so I apologize if this is a
stupid question. I'm new to version control, but how do I get Xcode
to update the actions in MacHg? If I do an update, Xcode doesn't show
the changes until I close and reopen. Is this a product of not using
the integration and something I just have to deal with?

Jason Harris

Sep 22, 2011, 5:14:58 PM9/22/11
to machg_m...@googlegroups.com

On Sep 23, 2011, at 8:54 AM, Andrew wrote:

> I just started using Mercurial for my source control for iPhone
> projects and I really like MacHg, but have a general question. I did
> some googling, but couldn't find anything so I apologize if this is a
> stupid question.

It's not at all a stupid question...

> I'm new to version control, but how do I get Xcode
> to update the actions in MacHg? If I do an update, Xcode doesn't show
> the changes until I close and reopen. Is this a product of not using
> the integration and something I just have to deal with?

However, I can't reproduce this. In fact I use MacHg all the time to roll forward and back on projects which I have open in Xcode and Xcode seems to always immediately update them (projects like eg MacHg itself and others). Are you on 10.7.1 or Snow Leopard? Which version of Xcode are you on? Could I ask you to provide detailed instructions to reproduce this?

Go ahead and file it as a bug as well... (https://bitbucket.org/jfh/machg/issues)

Thanks,
Jas