Local repo not connected to remote repo

Patrick Breitenbach

Feb 23, 2011, 2:14:06 PM2/23/11
to machg_m...@googlegroups.com
I have a local repo that is cloned from a Bitbucket repo but they don't appear to be connected in MacHG. When I do a pull, I have to check "Allow pull from any repo" before the remote repo will display in the Source drop-down. How do I connect the two repos?

Jason Harris

Feb 23, 2011, 3:39:20 PM2/23/11
to machg_m...@googlegroups.com

On Feb 23, 2011, at 8:14 PM, Patrick Breitenbach wrote:

> I have a local repo that is cloned from a Bitbucket repo but they don't appear to be connected in MacHG. When I do a pull, I have to check "Allow pull from any repo" before the remote repo will display in the Source drop-down. How do I connect the two repos?

Hi there,

Can you send me the details / post the details. Is this the same as either:
https://bitbucket.org/jfh/machg/issue/136/p2d3-push-is-missing-destination-repos
https://bitbucket.org/jfh/machg/issue/183/p2d2-cant-select-original-repo-for-pull

since it is bitbucket it should definitely be seeing this though... I take it you can reproduce this reliably?

I am quite interested in this problem. I know there is problems in automatically recognizing svn servers (using hgsubversion), git servers (using hggit), and google code servers, but the fixes for these should be coming around two weeks from now...

Can you send me more and detailed instructions and screen shots?

Thanks!
Jason

Patrick Breitenbach

Feb 23, 2011, 5:54:41 PM2/23/11
to machg_m...@googlegroups.com
I added a note and screen shot to 183. I guess the question is what creates the link? Is there an explicit link? Is it stored in hgrc or .mchg file? If the link is implicit, what is the linking logic?

ps luv machg!

Jason Harris

Feb 24, 2011, 1:48:23 AM2/24/11
to machg_m...@googlegroups.com

On Feb 23, 2011, at 11:54 PM, Patrick Breitenbach wrote:

> ps luv machg!

Thanks!

> I added a note and screen shot to 183. I guess the question is what creates the link? Is there an explicit link? Is it stored in hgrc or .mchg file? If the link is implicit, what is the linking logic?

The linking logic comes from the "identity" of the repositories:

About terminal see:
http://machghelp.jasonfharris.com/kb/general/machg-and-using-mercurial-from-the-command-line

Then what MacHg does is issues the command

hg identify --rev 0

to all the repositories and servers in your document. If they have the same root then they are related... In your case can you check that these sha1's from the identify command are the same?

Also what are the contents of the .hg/hgrc

Are these repositories public accessible? Or could we set up an ichat session so I could debug this problem on your machine... I have been looking to find a reproducible instance of this bug that a few people have reported but I have so far been unable to reproduce...

Thanks!
Jas

Patrick Breitenbach

Feb 24, 2011, 2:37:27 AM2/24/11
to machg_m...@googlegroups.com
They do match:

init $ hg identify --rev 0
ea006fabf83e

From Bitbucket:
commit 0: ea006fabf83e

One problem I had was being on hg 1.5.*. I updated to 1.7.5 and cloned my Bitbucket repo from scratch.

Not much in my hgrc:

I could do a screen share if that'd help.

Patrick Breitenbach

Jun 12, 2012, 9:00:32 PM6/12/12
to machg_m...@googlegroups.com
I'm having this problem again. I dragged a local repository onto MacHG. It figured out the remote repository and lists it correctly in the sidebar and pushes/pulls work OK but I always have to check the box for "allow push to any repository".

Not much in hgrc:

[paths]
default = https://pbreit:***@bitbucket.org/pbreit/runway

[auth]
bb.username = ***
bb.password = ***

$ hg identify --rev 0
bf8334e4b96c

First commit from Bitbucket:

bf8334e4b96cInitial commit

On Wednesday, February 23, 2011 11:37:27 PM UTC-8, Patrick Breitenbach wrote:
They do match:

init $ hg identify --rev 0
ea006fabf83e

From Bitbucket: