[ANN] MacHg 1.0.0 Beta 3

Jason Harris

Mar 21, 2012, 11:21:36 PM3/21/12
to machg_m...@googlegroups.com
Just to keep everyone in the loop, a little over two weeks ago I launched a beta
of MacHg 1.0.0

Unfortunately my day job has been very intense of late and I have not had the
time during these last two weeks which I need to properly finish the beta. Also
many many people wrote to me with very valuable feedback. Thank you all!
Therefore I have released the fixes that I have done to MacHg right now as 1.0.0
Beta 3. The critical fix in this release is to ensure that all access to the
webview is on the main thread. This should stop some of the intermittent crashes
that people have reported to me. There still may be a crash on first launch
issue. Please continue to send me crash logs and your comments, they are very
useful!

-------------

The MacHg 1.0.0 Beta:

There have been many, many changes in these last months to MacHg. However, the major
changes can be grouped into the following categories:

- Major work on the sidebar (MacHg now supports repository grouping for sub repositories
 and sub repository support, multiple selection dragging, deleting, badge counts,
 moving, and copying to other documents.)
- File outline views, and flat file table outline views, in addition to the browser view.
 (This was a much requested feature.)
- In product, sub-line, side-by-side and unified differences.  (Another highly requested
 feature.)
- Hunk level commit selection when committing or amending a commit.  (Another frequently
 requested feature.)
- Revamping the menu layout, adding better support tags, bookmarks and branches, etc.
- Added a new AlterDetails sheet to allow easily changing commit messages / commit authors
 / commit times.
- Refactored the GUI to more uniformly use my own concertina views.
- Removed dependence on BWToolkit for compatibility with newer versions of XCode.
- Many, many bug fixes, additions and improvements.

If you use MacHg could you download this version and give me feedback on it. I
am looking for show-stoppers and new things that crop up as a result of these
changes.

You can download the beta version of MacHg here:
http://www.jasonfharris.com/machg/downloads/assets/MacHg1.0.0Beta.zip
http://jasonfharris.com/machg/downloads/

Thanks,
Jason