MacHg and FileMerge diffing localized iOS strings files yields empty panes

Leif Rilbe

Nov 10, 2011, 3:41:20 AM11/10/11
to machg_m...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I have this strange problem when trying to diff localized strings files:

The FileMerge application opens as usual, but all panes are empty. It still says e.g. "status: 4 differences" at the bottom left, though.

Strangely enough this problem only seems to manifest itself with localized strings files. Diffing other files works as expected.

I use MacHg 0.9.24, Xcode 4.2, and FileMerge 2.5.

I have tried using SourceTree on the same repository. Using SourceTree external diff with FileMerge on the same localized strings files then works fine.

Anyone has any thoughts on this or similar experience?

Regards