Exchange Internet Account stuck on login

1 view

Dennis Kane

Feb 6, 2022, 12:22:18 PM2/6/22
to MacHACers
I wanted to change my return address for an Exchange (Outlook) email on my Mac. I deleted my account and then tried to set up a new Exchange account on my Mac email client, but Account prefs is stuck on the login verification, unending loop. Have you run across this? Do you use your Mac client to access an Exchange email. Warning don’t delete your Exchange mail client account if yours is working. BTW, I am using Catalina.

Dennis

Dennis Kane

Feb 6, 2022, 12:33:11 PM2/6/22
to MacHACers
BTW, My Outlook client is accessing my account fine. My. iPhone is too, but that may be an old setup and I do not want to experiment by deleting/adding that account in my iphone settings.

> On Feb 6, 2022, at 9:22 AM, Dennis Kane <denni...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I wanted to change my return address for an Exchange (Outlook) email on my Mac. I deleted my account and then tried to set up a new Exchange account on my Mac email client, but Account prefs is stuck on the login verification, unending loop. Have you run across this? Do you use your Mac client to access an Exchange email. Warning don’t delete your Exchange mail client account if yours is working. BTW, I am using Catalina.
>
> Dennis
>
> --
> To post an announcement or ask a question, send an email to mach...@googlegroups.com

Dennis Kane

Feb 6, 2022, 2:20:37 PM2/6/22
to MacHACers
My account came back in the preferences list as inactive, so I was able to activate it again. I looked at https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8413468 and figured out that I was able to change my email address on the account through Mail->Preferences->Email Address:->Edit email addresses… and through Mail->Preferences->Server Settings

My prolem may have been that when I thought that I had deleted the account from my Mac, I didn’t quite delete it.