Pocket Calls

1 view

Dennis Kane

Dec 18, 2021, 8:44:14 PM12/18/21
to MacHACers

I am frequently sending pocket calls and texts. One day this week was particularly bad when I pocket called about a half dozen people in 5 minutes. One was my cardiologist who responded with a rather worried text. Today, it finally hit me what’s going on. I realized that sleeping my phone before putting it in my pocket by tapping the power button doesn’t do much since any jarring movement of the phone will awaken it. I wondered if there was a way to disable this feature. Just deselect “Raise to Wake” in the Display and Brightness settings on your iPhone and say good bye to pocket calls and texts.

You still need to sleep your phone before you put it into your pocket or purse, but now it won’t awaken on its own.

Dennis

Harry Andreas

Dec 18, 2021, 8:48:30 PM12/18/21
to denni...@gmail.com, MacHACers
Good advice. I was having a similar problem with the camera being coming on and subsequently draining the battery.
Harry

Sent from my iPad