iMessage or iPhone txt hacked?

Dennis Kane

Aug 23, 2021, 2:10:35 AM8/23/21
to mach...@googlegroups.com
Hello Gang,

Just noticed that either my iPhone or iMessage from my Mac sent two messages on its own. The first was advertising some phony website, I guess, w o r l d c e l e b z .com (I added spaces so you can’t click it). The second was just the phrase "Get y”

Before I go research this, does anyone know much about hacks like this? I know that you can spoof a phone number, but I don’t think that would end up in my phone or iMessage. I do get spam txt messages from time to time, maybe weekly, but I delete them without reading them and I definitely do not click on any links from them.

Dennis