computer to iPhone photo sync

Felino Bautista

Oct 16, 2021, 7:05:35 PM10/16/21
to mach...@googlegroups.com
I can’t get my albums on photos to sync to my iphone. The photo library is on an external drive with about 600G worth of photos. I’m making space to put the library onto the internal drive at the moment as a test. Been talking to Apple support as well. Phone is ios15.02 and macOS 14.8. Anyone have any suggestions ?

Fel Bautista
Embrace the spelinG
Fat fingered from my deskstop

Allison Sheridan

Oct 16, 2021, 7:28:53 PM10/16/21
to Felino Bautista, mach...@googlegroups.com
Can you describe the process you’re following, Fel?

Allison Sheridan
Podfeet Podcasts at https://podfeet.com
Technology geek podcasts with an EVER so slight Apple bias!
Follow me at @podfeet

--
To post an announcement or ask a question, send an email to mach...@googlegroups.com

btistahomewrld

Oct 16, 2021, 8:49:49 PM10/16/21
to MacHACers
Allison...normally, just attach the iphone to the computer (not through a hub), go to finder, click on the phone icon, and synch. I've previously ticked off which albums I want to sync to the phone. Should be a piece of cake... So far, with carving out a space on the computer and relocating and resetting the system library, it's still reading the library after an hour and change. My plan is let it go until I go to bed and see what happens.

btistahomewrld

Oct 18, 2021, 7:22:49 PM10/18/21
to MacHACers

I think Found what went south. There were a bunch of “lost” photos files, and photos kept searching for them. Made a smaller photo system library and it synched right up.