Cox 😤

1 view

Steven Soloski

Apr 28, 2024, 12:10:44 PMApr 28
to MacHACers
Cox is my ISP and they have just completely turned their email service over to Yahoo! to handle. I just received my notice to transition yesterday and the transfer involved following a link, entering your @cox.net address and a new password. I also have an existing Yahoo! account. Yahoo wants you to use their app for mail, but I have always used Apple’s mail program. When I finished the transition and added the @cox.net account and new password as a Yahoo! account to the mail app, my iPad did what I expected and seems to be OK 👍. I then added the new account to my iPhone mail app and again 👍. My last step was to add the new account to my MacBook Air using the mail program. Account was added and shows up in the sidebar but nothing was downloaded, a warning symbol is displayed, and it appears as inactive in settings. I received an email (on my iPad) about the new device. I have tried to delete and reenter the account which didn’t help and played around with the advanced settings to no avail.
Anybody else out there with Cox? I’m open to any ideas.
Steve s

Sent from my iPad

Steven Soloski

Apr 28, 2024, 4:40:37 PMApr 28
to MacHACers
Problem (hopefully) solved. I found lots of links with others having the same issue, but only on the mac.  You need to create a custom account with the yahoo mail settings and then create a one time only yahoo password for the mac’s mail client.  Best described in the link below but I did not need the ports or some of the other ancillary info.