Getting "Nobody is authorized" error for an AJAX-data event

Adam Tuttle

Nov 12, 2013, 12:59:48 PM11/12/13
to mach-ii-for...@googlegroups.com
https://gist.github.com/atuttle/be5ae3e9503a80b52d27

Here you can see the event XML for 2 events. The second started as a copy of the first, and the first works without issue. I've also included the security plugin config, which is my best guess as to why this is blocked -- but I don't see why. (neither event is listed in bypass, so if one doesn't work then the other shouldn't either) So more likely it's got nothing to do with this plugin.

The reason I think it might be related to the plugin is that in local dev I have the plugin commented out and the event works fine, but in production with the plugin enabled it's failing.

I searched the Mach-II framework code for "Nobody is authorized" but couldn't find any instances, so I'm at a loss for what to do next...

I admit I'm not super skilled at Mach-II; I only maintain a small handful of apps on it, and only started that recently.

Thanks for any help you can offer!

Adam

Kurt Wiersma

Nov 12, 2013, 1:09:14 PM11/12/13
to mach-ii-for...@googlegroups.com
1. Are there any other plugins configured?

2. Can you post the code for the security plugin "mii_athletics.plugins.secureRequest"? This is plugin that isn't part of the framework as you probably know. This probably why you aren' having success googling the error message. :)

My guess at this point is that something in the security plugin or another plugin is causing the redirect. You might also check Application.cfc to see if they did something weird there.

--Kurt

Adam Tuttle

Nov 12, 2013, 1:22:43 PM11/12/13
to mach-ii-for...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Kurt, that was the perfect push to figure it out on my own.

In addition to the bypass list, the plugin checks a db table for events and user role/etc... That's where it was falling down. I was able to use the working event to find an example of how it should be configured.

Thanks again,
Adam

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Mach-II for CFML" group.