AppFactory.cfc - createAppManager() - error with CFFILE/READ

jason root

Jan 15, 2014, 11:19:53 AM1/15/14
to mach-ii-for...@googlegroups.com

(This is for an internal intranet app, which pulls some authentication from active directory to get information about the user)

I seem to be having an authentication issue in Mach-II in the createAppManager() method. After a user leaves their workstation for an extended period of time, and tries to re-access it.  They run into issues upon first loading the application.  IF they immediately refresh, the issue seems to go away and they are now authenticated.

ERROR:

Unable to find the base config file for module ''.configPath=D:\Sites\aid-1339\webroot\DMT\config\mach-ii_1339.xml The specific sequence of files included or processed is: D:\Sites\aid-1339\webroot\DMT\Index.cfm, line: 131

This means that there was an error on this line in AppFactory.cfc
    <cffile
                action="READ"
                file="#arguments.configXmlPath#"
                variable="configXmlFile" />

I think it may have something to do with the CGI variables not being populated correctly, which could throw off the MACHII APP KEY variable (if the server name isn't available)

I'm using ..
<cfif CGI.REMOTE_USER EQ "">
    <cfheader name="WWW-Authenticate" value="NTLM" />
        <cfheader statuscode="401" statustext="Not Authorized" />
        <cfabort />

To actually force the user to re-authenticate and to repopulate REMOTE_USER var if it is no longer present, but that doesn't seem to stop that read in AppFactory from happening.

If anyone has any ideas let me know!!!.. now back to the drawing board :D

Thorsten Frey

Jan 19, 2014, 5:52:02 PM1/19/14
to mach-ii-for...@googlegroups.com
Does the config file exist in D:\Sites\aid-1339\webroot\DMT\config\mach-ii_1339.xml ?

Have a look at MachII/bootstrapper/common.cfm

<!--- Set the path to the application's mach-ii.xml file. Default to ./config/mach-ii.xml. --->
<cfparam name="MACHII_CONFIG_PATH" type="string" default="#ExpandPath('./config/mach-ii.xml')#" />

If you copy the line into Application.cfc with the fixed directory might solve your problem.