Facebook rejecting Route URLs

David Augustine

Mar 17, 2015, 3:08:05 PM3/17/15
to mach-ii-for...@googlegroups.com
I have an application using routes to translate urls to executable querystrings.  Whenever a page is shared on facebook, the homepage is sent, even though the full URL is provided in the og:url meta tags.  Using the facebook lint debugger, we have figured out that url routes are the culprit.

For example, the incoming url:

www.domain.com/product/this_is_the_product_code

maps to our product detail page, and translates to:

www.domain.com/index.cfm?event=detail&productCode=this_is_the_product_code

When the first example is used in the og:url meta tag, it fails.  Facebook loads the homepage no matter which page is "liked", but when the translated, second example url is used in the og:url meta tag, everything works.

So, my question is, is it possible for me to retrieve that translated value from the route, or is it stored in some other accessible property?

Due to the nature of our application, it would be difficult to translate it manually when the page is loaded..

Thanks, Any help will be appreciated