Speed Differences between Mach-ii 1.8.1 and 1.9?

Will Young

Oct 10, 2013, 3:36:32 AM10/10/13
to mach-ii-for...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

I was just wondering what key improvements there are in mach 2 1.8 when compared to 1.9?

I'm mainly thinking in terms of raw speed and performance? - what has been optimised? which things will run faster etc?

Our production server is running Mach 2 1.8.1, and I have been running mach 2 1.9 on my local dev machine for some time now and i'm thinking its probably about time i push for us to get 1.9 up onto our production server.

In terms of default config options between the two versions, the only thing i've noticed is that the default setting for the MACHII_ONLOAD_REQUEST_TIMEOUT variable is 240 (1.9) as opposed to 120 (1.8.1). Was this increased due to the framework increasing in size thus takes longer to load/extra stability/ensuriung locks dont time out etc?

Any help is much appreciated!
Regards,
Will

Peter J. Farrell

Oct 10, 2013, 4:31:04 PM10/10/13
to mach-ii-for...@googlegroups.com
Performance mostly depends a variety of factors other than Mach-II like
CPU, memory heap size, CFML engine, what you do during application load,
etc.

There was a quite a bit of optimization done during application loading
in 1.9... a little trickery with Duplicate().

The onload request timeout is just a red herring it was changed to just
be nicer to people with really long application loading times. It should
not be used as indication of 1.9's performance.

Will Young said the following on 10/10/2013 02:36 AM:
> --
> --

Peter J. Farrell
OpenBD Steering Committee / Mach-II Lead Developer
http://blog.maestropublishing.com
Identi.ca / Twitter: @maestrofjp

Please do not send me Microsoft Office/Apple iWork documents. Send OpenDocument instead! http://fsf.org/campaigns/opendocument/

Will Young

Oct 11, 2013, 10:12:05 AM10/11/13
to mach-ii-for...@googlegroups.com
Excellent! - I thought this might be the case.

Thanks for getting back to me :)