Macaulay2 1.24.05 released

Doug Torrance

May 15, 2024, 10:50:24 AMMay 15
to Macaulay2

Doug Torrance
Mar 28, 2024, 12:23:13 PM
to Macaulay2
Dear Macaulay2 user,
We are happy to announce the release of Macaulay2, version 1.24.05.  For the list of changes, see https://macaulay2.com/doc/Macaulay2/share/doc/Macaulay2/Macaulay2Doc/html/_changes_cm_sp1.24.05.html
Note that with this release, we are moving to a new calendar-based versioning scheme, where the second set of digits represents the year and the third set of digits the month.
We are grateful to all the contributors who keep expanding the scope and performance of Macaulay2 via new packages and improvements to the existing code.
Macaulay2 1.24.05 is available via homebrew under Mac OS X; see the instructions at https://macaulay2.com/Downloads/MacOSX/.
Macaulay2 1.24.05 is also available under Debian (see https://macaulay2.com/Downloads/GNU-Linux/Debian/) and Ubuntu (see https://macaulay2.com/Downloads/GNU-Linux/Ubuntu/).
Let us know if a binary distribution of 1.24.05 for another system is needed.  If you try compiling it yourself and run into any problems, create an issue at https://github.com/Macaulay2/M2/issues/.
We'll look forward to the next release, version 1.24.11, on November 15, so submit your pull requests to us before then at https://github.com/Macaulay2/M2/pulls/.

Luke Oeding

May 24, 2024, 12:46:57 PMMay 24
to Macaulay2
When I tried to use homebrew to update, I still had v.1.21. Do I need to do something different to get v1.24?

Irena Swanson

May 24, 2024, 3:28:10 PMMay 24
to maca...@googlegroups.com
I just did it successfully this week with the following commands in the terminal (MacOSX):

brew install Macaulay2/tap/M2
`brew --prefix M2`/bin/M2  <-- inside type setup(), then exit

Irena

Luke Oeding

Jun 5, 2024, 12:14:33 PMJun 5
to Macaulay2
this worked! I guess that the new version was installed, but homebrew didn't replace the link when I launch M2. Thanks!

Federico Galetto

Jun 5, 2024, 5:57:02 PMJun 5
to Macaulay2
Hi, thank you all for the work on the new release!

Is there any chance a package for Fedora 40 could be made available?
I was able to install M2 from Homebrew and, although M2 worked fine, Homebrew created a bunch of other issues on my system so I ended up removing it for now.

Thank you,
Fred

Federico Galetto

Jun 7, 2024, 9:02:53 PMJun 7
to Macaulay2
Actually, I was able to make one. Thanks for including the instructions on Github!

Doug Torrance

Jun 7, 2024, 10:19:07 PMJun 7
to maca...@googlegroups.com