Depth of a module

Mughees Ghayas

Feb 27, 2023, 3:19:16 PM2/27/23
to Macaulay2
Dear all,

I hope you are doing well.

I'm a new user of Macaulay2, and I need this software to find the depth of modules for my research work, but I need help with it. It shows errors when I enter the depth(R/I) command. Is there any package I should install before using this command, or could anyone help me figure out how it works? I should be very grATE Full for your response.

Many thanks for considering my request.

Regards
Mughees Ghayas.

Doug Torrance

Feb 27, 2023, 4:24:48 PM2/27/23
to Macaulay2
The "Depth" package should do the trick.  Run the following:

needsPackage "Depth"

Then depth(R/I) should work as expected.

Rizwan Jahangir

Feb 28, 2023, 6:09:33 AM2/28/23
to Macaulay2
Dear Mughees,
Depth itself is a package. Load it with loadPackage "Depth" before using depth(R/I) command.

Best,
Rizwan