Best cluster configuration for M2

fabioec...@gmail.com

Mar 23, 2024, 5:54:49 PMMar 23
to Macaulay2
Dear all,

My university granted me some funds to buy some machine to work on, so I am wondering what configuration would be the best to run Macaulay2, of course depending on my budget. In the old days I used to run lot of computations lasting forever and consuming all the RAM available, stressing out the servers I was working on.
Apparently, but I barely know what I am talking about, I only need to buy a cluster, which will be connected to some already existing system and machines already in our basement.
So, here is my question. Which features should I pay more attention to? I am especially talking about CPUs numbers, CPUs frequency, RAM, GPUs. Are GPUs important for M2?

Thanks for your opinion!

Best,
Fabio