efficient way to compute anti-canonical bundle

14 kali dilihat
Langsung ke pesan pertama yang belum dibaca

Chris Dare

belum dibaca,
26 Des 2022, 17.11.4726/12/22
kepadaMacaulay2
Happy holidays all —

I have a fairly simple problem that I was hoping Macaulay2 would be able to compute: I want to compute the anti-canonical bundle H = -KX  of a (2, 3)-complete intersection in P^5. My setup is as follows:

i1 : R = QQ[x_0..x_5]

o1 = R

o1 : PolynomialRing

i2 : f = random(2, R)

o2 : ...

o2 : R

i3 : g = random(3, R)

o3 : ...

o3 : R

i4 : I = ideal(f, g)

o4 : ...

o4 : Ideal of Q5

i5 : loadPackage "TorAlgebra"

o5 = TorAlgebra

o5 : Package

i6 : isCI(I)

o6 = true

i7 : X = Proj(Q5/I)

o7 = X

o7 : ProjectiveVariety

After ensuring this is indeed non-singular (using the idea Xiaowen kindly gave in my previous post), this (basically every time) yields a smooth prime Fano threefold of degree 6. In particular, Pic(X) should be generated by the anticanonical bundle H, so I would like to explicitly compute this H to do some homological computations (e.g. what is RHom(O, O(H))?  ). I first compute

i8 : omega = cotangentSheaf(3, X)

o8 : ...
                                                                                                             455
o8 : coherent sheaf on X, quotient of OO    (-6)
This seems like a pretty huge rank to actually compute things over, so it doesnt come as much a surprise that when i try:

i9 : H = dual omega

my Mac runs for hours without producing any result. Is there a more efficient approach than what I'm doing?

Thanks in advance for any help.

— Best,
Chris Dare

Devlin Mallory

belum dibaca,
26 Des 2022, 18.11.3326/12/22
kepadamaca...@googlegroups.com
Hello Chris,

The “Divisor” package does a great job of this:

loadPackage(“Divisor”)
KX=canonicalDivisor(R/I,IsGraded=>true)
H=sheaf OO(-KX)

You can then compute the various cohomologies you want to.

Best,
Devlin

PS: In your case, you know already from the adjunction formula that the anticanonical bundle will be the hyperplane section, so you can also do the following:

use R/I
H = dual sheaf module ideal(x_0)

(You can use any linear form in place of x_0.)

In general, for a non-complete-intersection, where adjunction doesn’t tell you what the anti canonical is immediately, the Divisor package approach above will work as long as the computation doesn’t time out.

Balas ke semua
Balas ke penulis
Teruskan
0 pesan baru