regularSubdivision?

Friedemann Groh

Jun 1, 2024, 7:50:37 PMJun 1
to Macaulay2
Hello

I'm using version 1.19.1 in WSL and have a problem with regularSubdivion. Even the example in the documentation does not work:

M = matrix {{1,0,1,0},{1,1,0,0}};

w = matrix {{1,0,0,1}}; 1 4 o6 : Matrix ZZ <-- ZZ

S = regularSubdivision (M,w)

{{0, 1, 2}, {1, 2, 3}}   (documentation)
{{0, 1, 2}, {0, 1, 3}}   (my version)

Does anybody have an idea what is going wrong here?

Friedemann

Mahrud Sayrafi

Jun 1, 2024, 8:36:57 PMJun 1
to maca...@googlegroups.com
I'm not sure which package this function belongs to, but your version of M2 is about 2.5 years older than the current 1.24.05, during which time it's entirely possible that something about the function may have changed (either a bug fixed or introduced). Can you try your example on a recent M2 or the web interface?

Mahrud

Friedemann Groh

Jun 2, 2024, 3:37:13 AMJun 2
to Macaulay2
Hi Mahrud,

thanks for your reply. It works with the web interface.

In my Linux subsystem (WSL) for Windows 11, 1.19.1. is the latest M2 version. Do you think that an update is possible here without migrating completely to Linux?

best
Friedemann

Friedemann Groh

Jun 2, 2024, 5:21:41 AMJun 2