Macaulay2 1.20 released

Daniel R. Grayson

May 21, 2022, 11:12:47 AM5/21/22
to Macaulay2
Dear Macaulay2 user,

We are happy to announce the release of Macaulay2, version 1.20.  For the list of changes, see

    http://macaulay2.com/doc/Macaulay2-1.20/share/doc/Macaulay2/Macaulay2Doc/html/_changes_cm_sp1.20.html

We are grateful to all the contributors who keep expanding the scope and performance of Macaulay2 via new packages and improvements to the existing code.

We have made 64 bit binary distributions of Macaulay2 for Debian 11, Mac OS X 12.3, and Ubuntu 22.04 -- they are available at http://macaulay2.com/Downloads/.

Thanks to Mahrud Sayrafi, 1.20 is available via homebrew under Mac OS X (except for Mac OS 10.15, due to a technical problem we hope to overcome); see the instructions at https://faculty.math.illinois.edu/Macaulay2/Downloads/MacOSX/.

Thanks to Doug Torrance, 1.20 is available under: Debian unstable; and under Ubuntu 18.04, 20.04, 21.10, and 22.04, via the Personal Package Archives (PPA) he has set up -- see the instructions at https://faculty.math.illinois.edu/Macaulay2/Downloads/GNU-Linux/Ubuntu/.  It will also be included in the next official Ubuntu release, 22.10 (Kinetic Kudu) in October.

Let us know if a binary distribution of 1.20 for another system is needed.  If you try compiling it yourself and run into any problems, create an issue at https://github.com/Macaulay2/M2/issues/.

We'll look forward to the next release on November 15, so submit your pull requests to us before then at https://github.com/Macaulay2/M2/pulls/.