Which events/conferences do you attend?

1 view

Vero Pepperrell

Jan 10, 2011, 5:32:15 AM1/10/11
to Mac Development - UK & EU
The Mac development and general startup scene is a bit spread out in
the UK and Europe, save for a few big hubs like London's Silicon
Roundabout.

What events and conferences do you attend to meet other startup people
or Mac businesses? What would you recommend (or advise against)?

In my experience, BarCamps can be great fun to meet other local
startup people (who else goes to events on a weekend!?) and I make a
yearly pilgrimage to South by Southwest in Austin, Texas.

Cambridge also has a small group of Mac developers who meet roughly
every month (CambMacDev) but it's fairly ad hoc.

What are your favourite events? Or are they lacking so badly that you
can't find any?

Michael Dales

Jan 10, 2011, 5:38:57 AM1/10/11
to mac-develo...@googlegroups.com
By far the best conference is NSConference, which opened bookings today. This'll be its third year, and I can't recommend it enough.

Alas, now that I'm in crunch mode on own I won't make it this year, which is quite gutting. But I learned a huge amount from the last one, and met lots of fantastic people.

More info can be found over at http://ideveloper.tv/ on their blog.

-- Michael

Nick Charlton

Jan 10, 2011, 1:06:46 PM1/10/11
to mac-develo...@googlegroups.com
Do any of the Mac focuses conferences have student passes, or volunteering options? I know that GDC in the States does.

It would be something that I would love to attend, but unfortunately with the price of NSConference at £499 it is currently a little out of my reach.

Kind Regards,
Nick Charlton