Python imports are NOT refreshed when regenerating source code

jean.lamon...@gmail.com

Sep 12, 2019, 6:44:29 PM9/12/19
to M PLUS plug-in Q&A forum
Hello M+ Support Team,

Whenever using the Python code generator and when classes have been renamed, I observed that the Python import statements are NOT refreshed when regenerating source code over existing source-code. However, when deleting the related and existing Python source-files, the import statements are properly generated.

PS: I am using the latest version 2.5.1 of the M+ Astah plugin.

Thanks in advance for your support :)
Jean Lamontagne

m.pl...@gmail.com

Sep 13, 2019, 1:11:17 AM9/13/19
to m-plus...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

M+ keeps the contents of the User Code Area (UCA) if the UCA exists.
Note: The "User Code Area" is an area enclosed by "˅" and "˄".

To explain in detail, M+ generates/regenerates code according to the following rules:
  • For new output UCAs, M+ outputs import statements to the UCA, based on the relation and dependency info.
  • For existing UCAs, M+ keeps the contents of the UCA without editing.

However, we understand that it is useful to automatically update the import statements when regenerating code.
We have added your request for improvement.

Thank you for the feedback.

Message has been deleted