Python3 support

jean.lamon...@gmail.com

Aug 28, 2019, 11:57:24 AM8/28/19
to M PLUS plug-in Q&A forum
Hello M+ Support Team,

I recently started to use M+ along with Astah Pro and it has now become a MUST to use for my Java and Python projects :)

I noticed that the ".py" files being generated are containing reference to Python (i.e.: #!/usr/bin/env python) and I would like to get them to reference Python3 (i.e.: #!/usr/bin/env python3). I understand that I could do a global find-and-replace but I would like to know if there is a way to get them generated with the Python3 header?

Have a great day :)
Jean Lamontagne

M PLUS development team

Aug 29, 2019, 9:51:59 AM8/29/19
to M PLUS plug-in Q&A forum
Hi Jean,
The released versions do not help you do what you want.
So we made a new version to help you. Please try this.

M PLUS 2.5.1
  1. Download the plug-in from here and add it to Astah.
    We will add this version to the download page soon.

  2. Open the configuration file (m_plus.conf) and add PYTHON_VERSION info.
    ex. PYTHON_VERSION=3.7
    snip1.png

  3. Generate code.
    The python version is output to the shebang line.
    snip2.png
We hope this plug-in will be useful for your project.

jean.lamon...@gmail.com

Aug 29, 2019, 3:36:41 PM8/29/19
to M PLUS plug-in Q&A forum
Thank you so much M+ Dev Team, this new version 2.5.1 is working as expected :)

I truly appreciated your responsiveness!