Video sequence

Clinton Blackmore

Aug 5, 2011, 6:44:20 PM8/5/11
to m-ac...@googlegroups.com
What should a viewer see in the final video?

In my mind we need:
  • a title graphic -- a "Mindstorms Academy" logo and the title of the video (3 seconds)
  • a legal disclaimer -- this work is not endorsed by Lego (1 second)
  • the actual video itself
  • optionally, a brief ending sequence with, say, a URL for the video producer's homepage
    • what about a brief but tasteful advertisement?  "Buy my latest book" or "I run courses" or "now selling altimeter sensors"?
Thoughts?

Clinton

James Floyd Kelly

Aug 5, 2011, 6:51:24 PM8/5/11
to m-ac...@googlegroups.com

I like it all but the last bit about adverts... But I will go with group decision.

On Aug 5, 2011 5:44 PM, "Clinton Blackmore" <clinton....@gmail.com> wrote:
> What should a viewer see in the final video?
>
> In my mind we need:
>
> - a title graphic -- a "Mindstorms Academy" logo and the title of the
> video (3 seconds)
> - a legal disclaimer -- this work is not endorsed by Lego (1 second)
> - the actual video itself
> - optionally, a brief ending sequence with, say, a URL for the video
> producer's homepage
> - what about a brief but tasteful advertisement? "Buy my latest book"

> or "I run courses" or "now selling altimeter sensors"?
>
> Thoughts?
>
> Clinton

Clinton Blackmore

Aug 5, 2011, 7:10:47 PM8/5/11
to m-ac...@googlegroups.com
What do you think about a link to the authors website?

Clinton

Damien Kee

Aug 5, 2011, 7:12:57 PM8/5/11
to m-ac...@googlegroups.com

Yes to everything other than the ad. A simple link to authors page should suffice

Regards,
Damien Kee

--
Sent from my phone, please excuse the brevity.

James Floyd Kelly

Aug 5, 2011, 7:21:44 PM8/5/11
to m-ac...@googlegroups.com

I'm okay with that but please know I am not wanting to make the rules.  If the group wants to advertise that is fine with me, but over time the adverts might not hold up snd remain valid.

Damien Kee

Aug 5, 2011, 7:41:06 PM8/5/11
to m-ac...@googlegroups.com
agree, that's why a website might be best

--
Sent from my phone, please excuse the brevity

Clinton Blackmore

Aug 5, 2011, 9:28:48 PM8/5/11
to m-ac...@googlegroups.com
Seems reasonable to me.

While we are on the subject of advertising, I'm in favor of not having ads overlaid on the video by youtube.  It seems to me that the person who put up the video has an opportunity to opt-in to having ads shown on top.  Is everyone good with not doing so?

Cheers,
Clinton

James Floyd Kelly

Aug 5, 2011, 9:30:32 PM8/5/11
to m-ac...@googlegroups.com
Yes, Opt-In advertisements should be disabled... some of the ads I've seen in YouTube vids wouldn't be classified as Not Suitable for Children... but a few have come close.

Graeme

Aug 7, 2011, 9:14:41 PM8/7/11
to M Academy
I'm wondering where/if my work fits into this project. I've put up on
the web about 800 tutorial videos & 1,600 images as part of about 30
low-end NXT-G challenge scenarios. Some of these videos are already
used from YouTube, but I've marked them not for general use because I
thought that they did not mean much educationally without the viewer
having been through the background road-map. Not sure where to go from
here...
Graeme.

On Aug 6, 11:30 am, James Floyd Kelly <jktechwri...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, Opt-In advertisements should be disabled... some of the ads I've seen
> in YouTube vids wouldn't be classified as Not Suitable for Children... but a
> few have come close.
>
> On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 8:28 PM, Clinton Blackmore <
>

> clinton.blackm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Seems reasonable to me.
>
> > While we are on the subject of advertising, I'm in favor of not having
> > ads overlaid on the video by youtube.  It seems to me that the person who
> > put up the video has an opportunity to opt-in to having ads shown on top.
> >  Is everyone good with not doing so?
>
> > Cheers,
> > Clinton
>
> > On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 5:41 PM, Damien Kee <dam...@domabotics.com> wrote:
>
> >> agree, that's why a website might be best
>
> >> --
> >> Sent from my phone, please excuse the brevity

James Floyd Kelly

Aug 7, 2011, 10:33:24 PM8/7/11
to m-ac...@googlegroups.com
Someone suggested that at the end of each video you create that you could put a link to your website -- you could easily send viewers to your website for even more content by putting a note at the end of your videos.