lz4 extentions like gzwrite of zlib

Valiant wang

Aug 16, 2018, 4:46:08 AM8/16/18
to LZ4c

I need to use compression function like gzwrite of hook the functions of fopencookie.

cookie_io_functions_t:

           typedef struct {
               cookie_read_function_t  *read;
               cookie_write_function_t *write;
               cookie_seek_function_t  *seek;
               cookie_close_function_t *close;
           } cookie_io_functions_t;

if I use zlib, I can use gzwrite to compress some texts and write to a file at the same time, I wonder if there is a good way to deal with it like gzwrite.

thx!

Cyan

Aug 16, 2018, 2:43:51 PM8/16/18
to LZ4c
This capability is actually not available as is in the `lz4` library.

It can be created on top of the streaming API (notably lz4frame), but that part is currently within user's area.