API is down for a bit

Sean Colombo

Apr 26, 2009, 5:45:28 PM4/26/09
to LyricWiki API Developers
Hey Devs,
Unfortunately, when we moved the servers to the new datacenter this
morning, it appears as though a bunch of API requests piled up and
slammed the site when it turned back on.

On the bright side the site still worked, but unfortunately since we
log each of those requests, the mysql slave database has gotten very
far behind (5,264 seconds right now... about 1.5 hours). Lesson-
learned: turn the API logging off before an outage.

I've shut down the API temporarily to allow the slave to catch up. It
appears that the slave is running queries much faster than it is
getting them, yet the Seconds_Behind_Master isn't decreasing yet. I'm
not sure how long this will take to catch back up, but it looks like
it will be several hours at least.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience,
- Sean