UI Designer

saritha sandigari

May 27, 2010, 12:29:22 PM5/27/10
to usa-...@googlegroups.com

Hi
This is sandi from GtechnologiesInc

Position ; UI Designer

Location : NYC

Rate is DOE

We are looking for someone with User Interface/User Experience Developer expertise, specifically with Microsoft Expression / Extensible Application Markup Language (XAML). We are building a Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) application. Our intent is for the UI Designer to lead the expression/XAML part of the UI implementation.

The successful candidate will work closely with the interaction design team to implement their vision of the user interface in our desktop financial application, and will engage in prototyping exercises to test the workflow and user experience and make adjustments to the UI accordingly. He or she will work with the visual design team to insure that the look and feel is consistent with our brand, and work closely with the development team to apply the styles to production-level code.

Main Responsibilities:

The candidate should be able to conduct / facilitate design sessions and build iterative prototypes to help focus the business' vision. Ultimately, the designer should be able to turn over a XAML UI to the developers who will then wire the business logic up to the UI. Candidate is expected to review the overall product and help break up the code to facilitate efficient designer/developer interaction, as well as facilitate easier updates to UI.

Candidate will need to work with multiple dev leads with various responsibilities across a large scale project, and insure that the work complies with the established UI standards for the project.

Required Skills:

Qualified applicants will have competence in hand-coding XAML for UI layouts; Style/Data composition with Control Templates and Data Templates; simple vector graphics. They will have comfort working with Subversion and Visual Studio 2008, and have demonstrable experience working on medium-to-large Solutions. Good written and spoken communication skills are important.

Very close attention to detail, pride in your work, and enthusiasm about XAML/WPF are highly valued.

Basic web dev skills are required as there is some integration of html assets into the WPF desktop.
Desired Skill Set:

Experience with: custom Window chrome, Bindings, Animation, and C# are great to have, but not essential.

Professional experience with HTML, CSS, JavaScript – also a big plus.

Financial industry experience is a plus and would give an edge to otherwise identical candidates, but I wouldn’t say it is a must-have.

Thanks & Regards

sandi
Recruiter
G Technologies Inc.
4340 Stevens Creek Blvd, San Jose, CA 95129.
Tel: (408)-414-2032 Ext 205&201
sa...@gtechnologiesInc.com
gtech...@yahoo.com