An Invitation to the Seattle Secular Solstice on Dec 13th

John Salvatier

Nov 10, 2014, 5:00:34 PM11/10/14
to lw-se...@googlegroups.com, lesswrong...@googlegroups.com, vancouver-r...@googlegroups.com, seattle-secu...@googlegroups.com
Once upon a time there was darkness. So we made light.

Once upon a time we were cold. So we made warmth.

Once upon a time there was hunger. So we grew food.

Once upon a time there was sickness. So we created medicine.

Once upon a time there was pain. So we helped.

There still is darkness, and cold, and hunger, and sickness, and pain. We are not done. But we have come so far, and we have learned so much, and in the midst of our darkest, coldest days, we are going to celebrate the light in the world that is us.

Join us for food, drinks, songs, dance, games, reflection, remembrance, and celebration as we remember what has come before and reach for a brighter tomorrow.

We invite you and your friends and family to come and celebrate the Solstice with us in Seattle on December 13th. My house can host several. Contact me to make arrangements.

If you're thinking about coming, please RSVP on the Facebook event! Also get people you're planning on bringing to RSVP. This helps us plan for venue size/food etc.

The event is being put on by several people from the very active Seattle Effective Altruists group and modeled after the very moving NYC celebration. We would also love more musical and artistic help!