The kind of thing people who are similar to us in certain ways are expected to appreciate

Matt Powell

Jun 30, 2014, 9:42:13 AM6/30/14
to lw-se...@googlegroups.com
https://plus.google.com/u/0/101967596143032701777/posts/W9qce5NGPE2

--
Jesse, please try to keep your educated opinion from trampling all over the ground-breaking and insightful work of a layperson.
-- Alan Taylor

D. Graham Andrews

Jun 30, 2014, 11:40:22 AM6/30/14
to Matt Powell, lw-se...@googlegroups.com
Maybe its just the low resolution on my phone...numbers a bit blurry...but shouldn't the line lengths be roughly equivalent in terms of the delta v they are labeled with?

I think the natural urge with this sort of chart is to compare various destinations and a visual comparative rather than quantitative version would suit that task better.

Also I'm surprise at mercury's comparably high dV.

Sent from my Windows Phone

Jun 30, 2014, 11:43:59 AM6/30/14
to D. Graham Andrews, lw-se...@googlegroups.com
Subway maps generally do not show scale distances.

Apparently, they're called 'transit maps' and the style (mode? (method?)) is 'diagrammic representation.'

Andrew McKnight

Jun 30, 2014, 1:00:26 PM6/30/14
to lw-se...@googlegroups.com
Cool. Needs Lagrange points though!

By the way, I'm visiting Seattle next weekend and I'd like to catch up with all of you.

Matt Powell

Jun 30, 2014, 1:05:11 PM6/30/14
to lw-se...@googlegroups.com
That would be great.

Maybe I can do better than driving past you on Yesler in the dark morning, this time.