Does this group meetup regularly?

alapins...@gmail.com

Jan 12, 2014, 2:53:57 AM1/12/14
to lw-se...@googlegroups.com
The lw page indicates that every second and fourth sunday there is a meetup in the udistrict, is that dated?

Scott Leibrand

Jan 12, 2014, 3:01:55 AM1/12/14
to lw-se...@googlegroups.com, lw-se...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, meetups are pretty irregular now. Expressing interest in one sometimes causes (or at least correlates with) them happening sooner. :-)

Scott (who hasn't been to a meetup in awhile)

> On Jan 11, 2014, at 11:53 PM, alapins...@gmail.com wrote:
>
> The lw page indicates that every second and fourth sunday there is a meetup in the udistrict, is that dated?

Chris Wright

Jan 12, 2014, 12:22:55 PM1/12/14
to lw-se...@googlegroups.com
On that topic, next meetup let's play the operant conditioning game! It's the game in which you use only positive reinforcement (in the form of the word "Ding!") to attempt to train a person to do a simple task or assume a particular position.

John Salvatier

Jan 12, 2014, 6:53:30 PM1/12/14
to lw-se...@googlegroups.com

Yeah we haven't been meeting regularly. Mostly because I haven't organized anything. If someone else were to organize a meet up I would gladly attend.

Playing operant conditioning would be fun. I even have a clicker for it.

Andrew Lapinski-Barker

Jan 13, 2014, 7:52:09 AM1/13/14
to lw-se...@googlegroups.com
It might be a few weeks before I have the time, but I'd be more than willing to put something together. What has worked in the past for times/location?

Chris Wright

Jan 13, 2014, 12:22:47 PM1/13/14
to lw-se...@googlegroups.com
This is not to be construed as an invitation, merely as an observation of locations, capabilities, and history.

We have about seven attendees located within two blocks of 15th and Yesler, split across two domiciles. One of these can handle about ten people at a time (though that would be tight) and can feed an army. The other can store a larger population but might not be as good at feeding them.

I believe Sundays have been our traditional days, starting mid-to-late afternoon -- 4pm seems to be the mode, according to my vague impressions.

John Salvatier

Jan 13, 2014, 12:56:00 PM1/13/14
to lw-se...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for summarizing Chris!