Draft survey email

John Salvatier

Aug 4, 2011, 12:23:51 PM8/4/11
to lw-public-...@googlegroups.com
My draft survey email:

There are many projects that would benefit people interested in living rationally but that no individuals are motivated enough to do (more). The Public Goods Team is trying to encourage and facilitate systematic and organized work on such projects. One of our first steps is to identify the projects that are the lowest hanging fruit: those projects which are high value, and inexpensive (in terms of time, motivation, money etc.). We have come up with a preliminary list of such projects

We are trying to determine which projects are the most attractive.

We are especially interested in your judgment, because we think the judgments of smart people who have thought about related issues are especially informative.

We have two questions:
  • What projects not listed seem low cost and high value?
  • What projects seem like they are especially high value and low cost?

Benjamin Hoffman

Aug 4, 2011, 12:28:18 PM8/4/11
to lw-public-...@googlegroups.com

Sounds clear to me.

On Aug 4, 2011 12:23 PM, "John Salvatier" <jsal...@u.washington.edu> wrote:
> My draft survey email:
>

> There are many projects that would benefit people interested in living
> rationally but that no individuals are motivated enough to do

> The Public Goods Team is trying to encourage and facilitate systematic and
> organized work on such projects. One of our first steps is to identify the
> projects that are the lowest hanging fruit: those projects which are high
> value, and inexpensive (in terms of time, motivation, money etc.). We have
> come up with a preliminary list of such

> We are trying to determine which projects are the most attractive.
>
> We are especially interested in your judgment, because we think the
> judgments of smart people who have thought about related issues are
> especially informative.
>
> We have two questions:
>
> - What projects not listed seem low cost and high value?
> - What projects seem like they are especially high value and low cost?

Aaron Tucker

Aug 4, 2011, 12:36:07 PM8/4/11
to lw-public-...@googlegroups.com
Awesome email. Add a signature and greeting, I guess?