Summary of public goods survey

John Salvatier

Aug 17, 2011, 9:00:43 PM8/17/11
to lw-public-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Guys,

I recently realized that I sent out this email to the wrong list!

Hi Guys,

It's been a bit more than a week since I sent out the public goods survey and I thought I would summarize the results. The xml sheet with my summary of the process and results is here.

The response rate was 50% (7/14). Lower than I would have hoped but probably higher than I should have expected.

Here are a couple things that were mentioned more than once:

60% (4/7) - making it easier to work on the website was a low cost high value project.
35% (2.5/7) - book reviews (really 4 people mentioned it in some way or another)
30% (2/7) - guides to producing other material
30% (2/7) - meetup materials

Some new ideas I thought were especially interesting:
    • Carl's Example+walkthrough of the example format is a good idea I think.
    • Luke implied that people willing to help with research could also help SIAI do lit searches as well as download papers
    • Tim Czech has already almost completed a calibration website. I've sent an email to him.
You guys have thoughts?