webapp ux/ui -- website/mobile dev? (adobe/figma/canva/paper)

bruce

Apr 9, 2024, 8:00:04 PMApr 9
to lv...@googlegroups.com
Hi.

Anyone in the community have any skills with putting together rough
ui/ux framework/layout for webapps (website/mobile)?

If you have the skills or you know someone who does, hit me up!!

thanks
bruce

Bill Schwab

Apr 9, 2024, 9:45:37 PMApr 9
to lv...@googlegroups.com
Check out
Blynk
I’ve had good luck using their app OS,
They have a maker tear.
Bill S
Sent from my iPhone

> On Apr 9, 2024, at 8:00 PM, bruce <bado...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi.

bruce

Apr 10, 2024, 11:42:45 AMApr 10
to lv...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bill.

Thanks for the reply!

I was looking more for webapps, frontend/layout stuff -- I took a
quick look google/blynk. It appears to be more for "pi" IOT stuff, not
quite a match. Did I miss something?

thanks
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lvl1/A6712BE3-6ADA-47A1-8E38-578335334D9F%40aol.com.

d.s.

Apr 10, 2024, 1:59:00 PMApr 10
to lv...@googlegroups.com
Your mileage will vary with these tools since they are kinda open sourceish

I've experimented with this guy:

I never tried these guys:

But in my professional life I would generally use Omnigraffle ($150 a year) for mac and Visio on windows, depending on customer, to make wireframes. After who ever approves is happy I'll just start typing up the html/css/javascript.

I know a bunch of devs that are very comfortable using painting/photo editing software to slap together prototypes.

There are a bunch of online based tools search "online webui mockup" or something similar.

If you are looking for more functional prototyping use a rapid, grab your favorite ui toolkit and start typing your html/css until things look pretty. Though I generally wouldn't recommend this unless you have a lot of experience developing web apps.

Everything I mentioned above has a steep learning curve. You have to learn the tool. Then learn how to adopt the software to your workflow or how to create a workflow based around those tools.

All of that info is based around developing a webapp that will be deployed on Linux or something similar, and there are not many tools available (none that I am actually know about) to prototype your UI in a WYSIWYG app and have it exported into some framework.

If you are still in a learning phase and are going to target Linux go learn how to develop webapps. Grab vite use it to generate a skeleton project around react or vue, pick a responsive ui framework (they will all have good documentation on how to integrate it) and start doing the tutorial projects. You have to learn javascript/typescript, html, css/cscc, the eccentricities of each framework that you are using and eventually you should start picking up on how webapp are architected and then you can actually get to prototyping real world apps.

Windows is different with ASP and .net. There are a lot of tools available that can be used to prototype and generate code but I'm not familiar with that world.

Just to give you some perspective on the efforts required. I've been doing programming (not web related) as a profession for about 15ish years before I was finally forced to do some web stuff. It took me about 2.5 years (of full time work) and maybe a dozen or so random experimental apps before I was able to really grok webui development. During that time I pretty much focused on using nothing but react and mantine-ui (I'm not saying that is what you should be using) I'm just trying to emphasise how much effort had to be dedicated to be able to do what you are asking about.

Hope that is helpful and not discouraging.

Bill Schwab

Apr 12, 2024, 11:52:26 AMApr 12
to lv...@googlegroups.com
No, I just honed into the app part of your request
Bill S
Sent from my iPhone