really old - water damaged/rotted wooden window frame(s)

bruce

May 13, 2024, 8:17:00 PMMay 13
to lv...@googlegroups.com
Hi.

Anyone have references to any service that does reasonable repair (or
replace) of old wooden frame windows (the this old house kind).
Replacement vinyl could be a solution, but if possible, repair would
be ok as well. Repair would be significant in a few areas. Other
areas, the application of epoxy/wood filler, sanding etc.. would be a
good start. In a few places, the wood has actually pretty much turned
to sawdust/wood fibers. So there would need to be some work.

thanks

Larry Richardson

May 13, 2024, 8:30:35 PMMay 13
to lv...@googlegroups.com
Bruce , I do all types of carpentry and home repairs, for a living.

I'd be glad to look into this, but I can tell you , vinyl is a very competitive price point. Additionally, there is significant energy savings and may qualify for tax / utility incentives
Sent from my iPhone

> On May 13, 2024, at 8:17 PM, bruce <bado...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi.

bruce

May 14, 2024, 10:54:06 AMMay 14
to lv...@googlegroups.com
Hi Larry

Thanks for the reply. Feel free to ping me!!

We can setup a time good for you. Do you have a ladder -- 16/20' to
get to the roof over the porch which will then get you right to the
windows. There used to be a ladder, but I fear it long ago got legs
and walked away..

-bruce
512 348 9986
4151 muhummad ali 40212 -- block from shawnee pk