Anyone use home assistant?

TAG

May 10, 2024, 10:24:16 AMMay 10
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace
Anyone use home assistant?  I've just started looking at it, seems pretty exciting.  I'm hosting a Meetup tomorrow (5/11 2pm) at FirstBuild (both in person and via Teams) to hopefully share insights among users.  Here are the details if anyone is interested in joining:

FirstBuild is hosting a meetup for anyone interested in learning more about Home Assistant. Whether you're an interested novice or a seasoned user, come hang out at our Louisville location May 11th at 2pm, and discuss dashboards, connectivity, and home hardware integration.

 Home Assistant is an open-source movement that allows users to connect all of their smart devices to one local network. If you've ever wanted a single location to manage your smart home without sending your data to a cloud server, this event is for you.

 Join us in person or remote via Microsoft Teams:

Join the meeting

Matt B.

May 13, 2024, 7:37:36 PMMay 13
to lv...@googlegroups.com
I just saw this, but I use it all the time.  Setting it up at another place now, actually.  It's pretty great, has a great ecosystem, and integrations are pretty easy to make or modify.

I'm setting up the voice assistant and language model response system soon, have you tried any of those options?

Tim Gillespie

May 14, 2024, 11:42:55 AMMay 14
to lv...@googlegroups.com
I haven't tried much yet, I'm just getting started.  I've been talking with experienced users to get pointers, seems like the project has turned a corner and is gaining traction.  Looking forward to seeing all the cool stuff people do with it.

Tim

Tim Miller

May 15, 2024, 8:15:24 AMMay 15
to LVL1
I use it, most important thing it does for me now is shuts the garage door when I leave and have forgotten it.

David Greenstone

May 16, 2024, 10:22:14 AMMay 16
to lv...@googlegroups.com
I sadly missed the event, however, the home assistant project does sound really interesting