Rabbit Laser Holiday Ornament Workshop

John McCord

Dec 4, 2023, 1:56:16 PM12/4/23
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace

20231204_113914[13014].jpgCurious about our Rabbit Laser? Find out a little bit about how laser projects are done on our Rabbit Laser by making a two piece set of holiday ornaments out of Acrylic sheet. This session is aimed at new members, non members considering membership, veteran members not yet qualified on our laser, as well as other laser users. Experienced member users will be coaching from over your shoulder as together you test drive our machine through all the steps from a specially created file to handsome pieces to take with you when you leave.

...and they heard Elvis say as he drove out of sight, "Murry Chrimmus!".

John McCord

Dec 6, 2023, 7:11:19 AM12/6/23
to lv...@googlegroups.com
Friendly Reminder Here folks, not that anyone needs it. If you haven't checked this out, go ahead and take a peek? Join  the fun if you can. Hackon!

John McCord

Dec 7, 2023, 10:33:30 AM12/7/23
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace
Good News! Azon delivery was only 1 day late, colored transparent cast acrylic came last night so we at least have enough material to get started: the last delivery of the same quantity made over 60 pieces. Not to worry, and backup order is due tomorrow so it should be delivered Saturday? The job runs about 9 minutes per color and probably a half hour of premium fun to peel the masking off and fit together. So no, don't expect it to take 4 hours to complete the process. Hanging around and kibitzing with fellow spacers after you create your master pieces is highly recommended but no demerits for busting out early. Lvl1 Membership is not required, just a ticket as a Thank You for your donation is all it takes.  Parking is free, the project is not difficult, material cost are covered by your donation, complimentary Gourmet soft drinks and Chex Mix for all, BUT sorry our guest entertainment has been detained indefinitely at the border, but I do know a couple of traveling salesman jokes. Heck, bad holiday Lvl1 tee shirts are allowed!

So get your tickets before they sell out and come join the fun! Oh yeah, before I forget again, the donations you make by getting your ticket are going to the TVS Makership Fund. Any more questions?

JM

John McCord

Dec 8, 2023, 9:27:37 AM12/8/23
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace
Thanks to the tenacity of a team of cyber wizard members (namely Gary and Mike) the computer that runs the laser has been resurrected and given new life. As a miniscule token of appreciation the tickets of both, and their +1s are complimentary. Join them and the group of likely suspects and get your ticket(s) before we start bumpin'  Eventbrite's capacity.  Remember, you don't have to be a member to get a ticket, You decide how much to donate, and all proceeds are going to the TVS Makership Fund, not to mention free gourmet Soda pop, Chex Mix, and a cornucopia  of culinary delight covered dishes participants are rumored to be bringing to the party.

JM

John McCord

Dec 9, 2023, 9:34:36 AM12/9/23
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace
Good news Bad News: The award winning group of Latin Hip Hop folk singers made their bail but while lounging in the detention compound got a better paying gig and canceled their engagement with us. Bummer! All is not lost, we get to keep and play their audition/album (the one that won the award) Beta Max demo cassette  as many times as we want. Didn't have the heart to tell 'em that DHS had USPS confiscate it at the border. THE SHOW WILL GO ON, rain or shine. If we run out of tickets, flash a fin at the door and security will let you in.

John McCord

Dec 11, 2023, 9:10:33 AM12/11/23
to lv...@googlegroups.com
The members, friends, and supporters of LVL1 should take a dose of satisfaction from the little bit of Holiday Magic that happened yesterday at our space. Fellow members, prospective new members, strangers, and a small child gathered and dazzled themselves and each other with what they created. From bits of masked plastic, some colored, some clear they chose. They pushed buttons on the computer (Thanks again Gary and Mike) and the laser and watched through the lid of our machine as it's light saber meandered about. They diligently pried, scraped, and peeled the masking off the plastic to reveal the pieces of their creations, grinning broadly at what they had done. That grin grew to a beaming smile as they put the pieces together and they first saw their color combination glow and dance in the light. All this while getting to know each other and Lvl1 a little, sharing tips and admiring each other's work, And enjoying copious quantities of gourmet soda pop and Chex Mix. Then, just as they came, out of the door they went. As they walked out of sight somewhere somebody heard Elvis's voice: "Murry Chrimmus  to Y'all and to Y'all a gunnite!"

Thanks you Danielle, Tiffany, and Elvis
JM

Jim Dallam

Dec 11, 2023, 3:57:30 PM12/11/23
to lv...@googlegroups.com
Bravo 2U Doctor McCord for being the Arrangerer-in-Chief all this marvelousness for the greater glory of LVL1 in this holiday season!

JimD