Come to LVL1's Tuesday 7/23 Meeting featuring guest speaker & sculptor Andrew Marsh

Jim Dallam

Jul 12, 2024, 7:38:56 AM (10 days ago) Jul 12
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace
Come one! Come all!  You are invited to the LVL1 meeting on Tuesday July 23 at 8pm when  we will feature local maker Andrew Marsh as our guest speaker.

Andrew is a sculptor of 35 years creating beautiful and terrifying art that combines cast iron, welded steel, and chainsaw carved wood.  His explosive ritual performances, large-scale sculptures and environmental installations intertwine emotional decay with natural systems in revolt as deviations on personal trauma, grief, and environmental protest.  He was artist in residence and a co-creator of City Museum in St. Louis and has a hand in Josephine Sculpture Park and Sculpture Trails Outdoor Museum.

He builds all his own work, using reclaimed, recycled, repurposed materials and machines in his studio, Lucky 7 Art LLC, located in the deteriorating former Vogt Machine Company complex in Louisville. You will be impressed with the originality, craft, and scope of his work.

His talk will provide an overview on his tools and techniques, photos of his works, and wrap-up with an informal Q&A discussion.  You don't want to miss this.  This guy pours 3,000 degree F molten cast iron into wood molds for fun!

Members, guests, first-time-walk-ins, and all those interested to learn more are welcome to come to hear his talk.  Come early to see our space, meet folks, and check things out.

Find Us.