Welder around on Tues 5/13?

Matt Schutz

May 13, 2024, 7:48:09 AMMay 13
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace
I haven't used any of the welders, need some help with probably a half dozen spot welds on a broken outdoor light fixture. Will anyone be around?

Thanks!

David Ortiz-Grob

May 13, 2024, 4:17:47 PMMay 13
to lv...@googlegroups.com
I will be around this evening (Monday 5/13)

On Mon, May 13, 2024 at 7:48 AM Matt Schutz <matt....@gmail.com> wrote:
I haven't used any of the welders, need some help with probably a half dozen spot welds on a broken outdoor light fixture. Will anyone be around?

Thanks!

Larry Richardson

May 16, 2024, 10:22:25 AMMay 16
to lv...@googlegroups.com
Matt, can you determine the material type?  A lot of those materials are either impossible, or very difficult to weld  they usually need a special filler rod too.

My guess is cast aluminum
Sent from my iPhone

Matt Schutz

May 20, 2024, 8:14:49 AMMay 20
to lv...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, seems likely cast aluminum. It kinda "tore" when it was hit by a basketball. Maybe another method for maybe even stamped aluminum?

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lvl1/847BD837-3CB3-4186-8994-106219569972%40infocussolutions.net.