old metal fence post embedded in a tree! Removal Options?

bruce

Mar 21, 2024, 6:10:26 PMMar 21
to lv...@googlegroups.com
Hi.

Got a tree with an old metal fence post absorbed/embedded in the tree.
Removal services have either declined or given a high quote to deal
with it.

Any "cheap" ideas to handle separating tree/post?

Careful chainsaw? Hachette? Possible acetylene torch to burn part of
tree? (Tree is 36" diameter)

ideas/thoughts??

thanks

John McCord

Mar 21, 2024, 7:17:59 PMMar 21
to lv...@googlegroups.com
Do you want to save anything?
JM

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra 5G, an AT&T 5G smartphone
Get Outlook for Android

Mar 22, 2024, 5:35:14 AMMar 22
to lv...@googlegroups.com, howel...@gmail.com
Hi John,

Thanks for the reply.

Nope. I'm actually looking to get two(2) trees removed. This is the
taller, more problematic issue. I've had some say they don't want to
deal with it due to the metal post. I've had some say they would, but
the price seems to be insane.

-bruce
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lvl1/MN0PR20MB4717480D7D54F8AFE966D106AB322%40MN0PR20MB4717.namprd20.prod.outlook.com.

j. kunkle

Mar 22, 2024, 9:42:26 AMMar 22
to lv...@googlegroups.com, bruce, howel...@gmail.com

Just had two 2 trees cut by: Cross cut tree service, Tim Beanblossom 812-737-2020

Also had a tree cut down by him last year. He is reasonable and allows you to do the the cleanup yourself if you want. That's what I did, save about $600.00. I highly recommend him.

Cross Cut tree service

Mr Tim beanblossom