[Lustre-community] Create directory where files get striped over the same set of OSTs

1 view

Kshitij Mehta

Feb 9, 2012, 6:24:56 PM2/9/12
to lustre-c...@lists.lustre.org
Hello,
My lustre installation has a total of 64 OSTs and I have created a
directory that has been configured over 8 OSTs.
However, files in this directory get striped over different OSTs. For
example,
file 1 might get striped over OSTs 0 thru 7, whereas file 2 might get
striped over OSTs 8 thru 15.

How can I configure a directory so that files in it get striped across
the *same* set of OSTs?

Thanks,
Kshitij Mehta
PhD candidate
Parallel Software Technologies Lab (pstl.cs.uh.edu)
Dept. of Computer Science
University of Houston
Houston, Texas, USA

Przemyslaw Dubaniewicz

Feb 14, 2012, 8:22:48 AM2/14/12
to lustre-c...@lists.lustre.org
W dniu 10.02.2012 00:24, Kshitij Mehta pisze:
> Hello,
Hi,

> How can I configure a directory so that files in it get striped across
> the *same* set of OSTs?

Define and use Lustre OST Pools.
Check http://wiki.lustre.org/index.php/Creating_and_Managing_OST_Pools

Best regards,